Proposal: EP for EEk

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
ahhh the age old one person is on a sweetheart deal so that makes up the difference between a top 5-10C vs a top 50 one.

Do you believe Zach Hyman worth as much as Nikita Kucherov since Hyman makes almost half of what Kucherov makes so it makes up the value that one is the best winger in the NHL while the other is top 50?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't think this deal is as lopsided as first glance might make it appear. JEE is one of the most underrated players in the league. I'm also high on EP though. If EP is going to be at 12M per then this is a fair deal.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Oh sure. Makes sense. The Wild will move their cheap, top center, who is the heart of the team, and is now taking off even further after finding chemistry with Boldy and Kaprizov. He is essentially part of their foundation.

EP may be more valuable to other teams, but not to the Wild. JEE is.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Oh sure. Makes sense. The Wild will move their cheap, top center, who is the heart of the team, and is now taking off even further after finding chemistry with Boldy and Kaprizov. He is essentially part of their foundation.

Looks like its a no from both sides.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
With one year left at that crazy $14.7M cap penalty for the Suter-Parise buyouts, the timing could be better for the Wild. Minnesota would struggle on the cap next season, and have to dump plenty of salary, but I imagine their fans would be fine with whatever it took to make it work... assuming Pettersson doesn't position himself for free agency at the earliest opportunity.

The assumption that Pettersson signs a long deal with anyone who trades for him is carrying a lot of water here. He isn't just expensive on his next deal. He's also nearing the point where he gets to call his shot... and he can choose arbitration immediately this summer, which isn't just about the money but locks him into limited term too. Minnesota doesn't do it if it has any doubts that he'd re-up with them long term. I think they would have doubts.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Minnesota says no. Eriksson ek is going nowhere! lol guerin wouldn’t do this trade! Trade for a player Minnesota can’t afford to pay, who wants a lot of money also and only has 1 year left on contract lol. No Minnesota

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Canucks fan. I actually like eek more, but why would a team who is currently in 1st place trade one of its top 3 players close to the playoffs? Makes no sense. If the team continues winning its a same same. If they start losing the gm probably gets fired. All risk no reward.

"He's the heart of the team!"

~team misses playoffs~

That may tell you something right there.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Canucks fan. I actually like eek more, but why would a team who is currently in 1st place trade one of its top 3 players close to the playoffs? Makes no sense. If the team continues winning its a same same. If they start losing the gm probably gets fired. All risk no reward.

"He's the heart of the team!"

~team misses playoffs~

That may tell you something right there.
It actually doesn't.

Reactions: Bruce Granville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad