Confirmed with Link: Enroth on Waivers(Update: He cleared, sent to Marlies)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wonder this as well. Enroth was signed late. Wonder if the Leafs basically said "hey, play with us until Ramo is ready, we'll then waive you and you can go to Europe $750,000 richer"

Wouldn't surprise me if it were that transparent.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Was it? Was it really?

A part of it was pathetic, like the first minute.
Stajan's goal was the only true goal.

Didn't allow a goal for the rest of the game.

which is a lot better than Bernier did last night. wooof. 5 goals in 6 minutes.

while he wasn't v. good (and with a backup you can't really be be "that" patient - though i wish they could to be fair) - i think it was the fact that he's a smaller goalie. Ramo won't be that much better imo - but he's taller. and a bit more aggressive.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The Toronto Maple Leafs in 2016 are a place where veterans are expected to perform. This does seem a little presumptive but I don't witness Enroth everyday at practice like the Leafs' brass and coaching staff does.

A bigger blocking goalie like Bibeau or Ramo offers less contrast in style from Andersen for the team in front of him. I like this direction from that point of view. I've seen Enroth steal games in the past and I do wonder if he doesn't find another home where his play eventually reaches that level again.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If he clears, they can agree to terminate the contract, and he'd be free to go.

would have to go onto unconditional waivers and clear for that. I don't think this is that. Usually we hear immediately if that's the case.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
would have to go onto unconditional waivers and clear for that. I don't think this is that. Usually we hear immediately if that's the case.

I was about to say the last few we haven't heard straight away they were unconditional, it is a couple hours after the initial waive tweet

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

This was so painfully obviously coming could see it from a mile away.

It was only a matter time until the Leafs moved away from a Tiny goalie and cut bait here.

I thought he was finished before the Calgary game and surprised they gave him one more chance.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
it was weird to begin with. Babcock comes out with "Andersen is a big boy you have to have big goalies these days etc" then a few weeks later we sign Enroth they must have tried every option including seeing how long Ramo was out for and decided they had to go with Enroth

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
LOL. Boards members were demonized for wanting him demoted after four games.

Go Lou!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Well, I am just shocked. shocked I tell you.

shock5.jpg

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Well, four games is not much of a chance but I suppose that if management is convinced there is a better alternative, presumably Ramo, there was no point wasting games checking out and confirming their opinion.

i think four, as in games played, is the only surprising number about this move. All the other numbers, GAA, save percentage and especially wins, were pointing in this direction.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Meh, feels like an overreaction and zero patience for a struggling player. If Ramo is the target, let's just hope that he's recovered fully. Post-injury Ramo was pretty much consistently just as dreadful as Enroth was in his slump.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Meh, feels like an overreaction and zero patience for a struggling player. If Ramo is the target, let's just hope that he's recovered fully. Post-injury Ramo was pretty much consistently just as dreadful as Enroth was in his slump.

Is it a coincidence that he comes from LA after a good season as the backup to Toronto and struggles? I don't think so.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Damn! Shanny and Lou don't play no games!

Welcome to Toronto, Ramo. Don't $!#? up. Lou will make it so they never find the body.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
it was weird to begin with. Babcock comes out with "Andersen is a big boy you have to have big goalies these days etc" then a few weeks later we sign Enroth they must have tried every option including seeing how long Ramo was out for and decided they had to go with Enroth

I have a feeling that Ramo was the target all along and Enroth was only signed as a stop gap until he was ready to come back from injury. They seemed to be playing hardball on Enroth's contract probably knowing that he wasn't going to be here very long.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not going to miss Enroth. The most memorable thing about him other than his Besteresque goaltending was that look of sheer terror in his eyes.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Is it a coincidence that he comes from LA after a good season as the backup to Toronto and struggles? I don't think so.

LA wasn't the first time he's been good though. Over his career, he had outperformed his expected save percentage by a rather decent margin. That's what happens when you play on a tanking Buffalo, for example. Even putting up mediocre numbers takes a lot.

With that said, something is up with him. He used to be one of the quickest goaltenders in the league, and he looked mediocre in that department as a Leafs goalie since pre-season. When you are his size, you must be fast as all hell to compensate.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
The Leafs have to find a home for Enroth because Winnipeg wants the Leafs to take Ondrej Pavelec and his $4.75 million salary as part of the deal to acquire Jacob Trouba. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad