Injury Report: Ennis Broken ankle

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
*insert uncle joke*

If this is from the replay the analysts showed, then he barely winced and kept skating.... weird that he actually broke his ankle. I thought maybe it was just something like a deep tissue bruise.

He was just starting to get going offensively, but we have the depth to cover for him while he recovers. I hope whoever we call up can help our PK while Hyman is out.

Adrenaline and shock are a beautiful thing. Fractured my fibula and tibula in a game and honestly didn't know. Couldn't walk of course but there was zero pain.

Reactions: Community

member 147413

I was starting to warm up to his play. Hope he recovers well.

Moore likely up, Kapanen likely on PP

Reactions: Leafidelity

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
I wouldn't have moved Leivo, but he wasn't going to play over anybody except the Goat so there's no point in people bringing that one up.

Really need Lindholm to start doing something or he should be replaced too. At least Brown put up a few assists in Hymans absence. I don't see much separation between Londholm and the goat right now.
Thats because you don't understand how players impact the game besides on the score sheet. Lindholm has been the best bottom 6 new player besides ennis for the latter half of the year(he sucked first half).

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Adrenaline and shock are a beautiful thing. Fractured my fibula and tibula in a game and honestly didn't know. Couldn't walk of course but there was zero pain.

The tight boot probably helped stabilize it. I busted up my ankle a few years ago but I had an off road motorcycle type boot on that was really tight, I knew I twisted it but thought it was just a tweak. I rode all day, probably another 4 to 6 hours, with a little pain but nothing I couldn't manage, when I took my boot off, my ankle blew up like a balloon. I went to the Dr and she told me I had a severe sprain, she added that because of the severity of sprain, it would have probably been less painful to break it. Tight boots are a godsend to injured ankles and feet. There is a reason why you are told if you take a shot off your foot, don't take off your skate till after the game cause you might not get it back on.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Thats because you don't understand how players impact the game besides on the score sheet. Lindholm has been the best bottom 6 new player besides ennis for the latter half of the year(he sucked first half).
Hockey: where puck possession and playing well doesn't matter if you have intangebles...

He's been bad in every area except faceoffs and for a guy thats been playing the wing lately he needs to be better with the puck.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Could have really used Leivo right now... but nope... we traded him for a bag of pucks.

Leivo, Ennis, Moore, Marchment, doesn't really matter who of those 4 are on the fourth line.

Grundstrom should replace whomever if there by the end of the season anyway.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Leivo, Ennis, Moore, Marchment, doesn't really matter who of those 4 are on the fourth line.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both Moore and Marchment on the 4th line next year

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

I dunno about that, its very possible Moore sticks

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wouldn't be surprised to see both Moore and Marchment on the 4th line next year

Eh, depends on how the lineup shakes down.

Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Nylander
XXXXX - XXXX - XXXXX

So we only have our 4th line spots open as of now. I would assume Connor Brown takes one. Lindholm is likely resigned to the 4C again. or Gauthier, or we could see Brooks make a push for that spot as well.

So as of right now, we only have our 4LW spot open, and I would be shocked if Grundstrom isn't on the team next season. So to me, Moore/Marchment/GOAT will be competing for the 13th roster spot.

Now, Brown could technically be dealt, and that opens up a spot for Moore/Marchment/Engvall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad