Injury Report: Ennis Broken ankle

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
A lot of people are thinking Trevor Moore gets the call here, and I think that’s likely, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Carl Grundstrom get the call since this is a long-term thing.

Just a hunch.

Do you see them shuffling the top 9 to get Grundstrom in there? Just not sure they want to give him limited minutes.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
I am a little surprised no one was called up to replace Hyman. Moore should be up for tomorrow.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Time to just get over the Leivo trade.[/QUOTE]

I reserve the right to remain grumpy. I’m still pissed that I never got a pony....

Sad to see Ennis go down, but he definitely got his career back on track and will get his next contract from someone next season, which will be nice to see.

Interested to see a Marchment call up, but I won’t be upset to see Moore either.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Broken uncle is what my nephew said about me when I was viciously attacked by that bottle of C&C.

Fortunately I recovered.....

Reactions: AreBe

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Damn. Thats a big loss - he was getting better and better each game!!!
He surprisingly was decent in the transitio game - got the puck out of the d zone well for a small guy
Hopefully he can make a swift recovery - we dont know the details yet.

What's the 411 on Moore?

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Honestly really sad to hear. Ennis has been much better than I anticipated and I was happy to see him rebuilding his value in the NHL. Hopefully he comes back 100% and doesn’t lose his spot to whoever takes his place.

On another note this thread title is fantastic and I hope it doesn’t get changed.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Really Sucks, he brought a lot of skill to the 4th Line and looked like he was going to get his career back on track, was hoping he’d get a nice deal somewhere in the summer.

Hopefully Kapanen will get some time on the second PP unit.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It'll likely be Moore but I wonder if they consider Carcone or Timashov? Both are very similar in style to Ennis, and would be appropriate to replace his role and minutes. Both, especially Carcone, would add a bit of extra edge over Ennis as well.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Uncle sounds similar to ankle
Niece sounds like knees

View attachment 168331
E453857F-98E4-403A-849A-0A859C99424F.jpeg

Fixed

Reactions: Marshy

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Legendary title
See?! I was right all along - now we know we need to trade Nylander for some AHL goons
"Broken Uncle, broken families - that's what happens when you have damn Euro skill players!" the tedious spital
Leafs Chat, Leafs Beat, and Leafs Space have something new to talk about instead of the same tunes
"Let's speculate about Ennis's ankle!" will be passed off as something vital
Or just rock a bar stool wondering what went wrong watching Andi get talked at all afternoon!

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Call up Grundstrom and Engvall

Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Grundstrom - Kadri - - Nylander
Engvall - - - Lindholm - - Brown

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
The top Marlies player right now is Jeremy Bracco. Trevor Moore has been a good soldier recently too and deserves a call up. I fully expect those two to be our call-ups tomorrow. Wouldn't be completely shocked and would gladly take Moore and Marchment thought. Grundy has been good and so has Engvall but I think other guys deserve it a little more.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Seriously sucks for him.

A year to prove he still had it. Was playing some pretty decent hockey. And now this.
This will be hard to come back from, I imagine.
Feel pretty bad for him.

I kinda hope they give a couple of guys chances in his absence. Call up Bracco for a bit, call up Grundstrom, call up Marchment, call up Moore. Rotate through them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad