Watford 4:00 Man Utd
Crystal Palace 6:15 Stoke
Southampton 6:15 Swansea
Spurs 8:30 Sunderland

Last edited by a moderator:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well Sakho is going to have to replace Lovren if he wants back in the team because he'll never replace Matip.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well Sakho is going to have to replace Lovren if he wants back in the team because he'll never replace Matip.

Good luck with that. Lavern is amazing. If he can stay healthy I think a Matip - Lavern pairing can be great, maybe even the best in the league (optimisims).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
When you play David Luiz you accept the idea that defending is optional.

The goal wasn't only his fault, but the defense was way too overloaded to the right side.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Good luck with that. Lavern is amazing. If he can stay healthy I think a Matip - Lavern pairing can be great, maybe even the best in the league (optimisims).

Who's Lavern? :laugh:
He was Liverpool fans scapegoat not long time ago.

That being said, Liverpool are playing really really good.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you followed me on my post history you'll see I always defended Lavern (it's just a fun nickname I have for Lovren).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not to bring this up again, but given that Rodgers turned every defender into a sick joke and how Lovren has played since Klopp joined up, there's only one person to blame for Lovren being bad enough to be a scapegoat.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not to bring this up again, but given that Rodgers turned every defender into a sick joke and how Lovren has played since Klopp joined up, there's only one person to blame for Lovren being bad enough to be a scapegoat.

I think it was a combination of things, and I said it at the time. One there was no cover at all for the defence under Rodgers' system before they switched to 3 at the back, and because of it they were left exposed a lot. Lovren is a proactive defender so without much support got caught running around like a headless chicken a bit. I think part of that though was just the transfer fee and nerves. Honestly even in his bad games you could see his good qualities -- Klopp has organized the team much better on the counter-press and drilling the team to cover back more. Plus, he had to play beside Skrtel *shudder*

Rodgers definitely deserves part of the blame for how our CBs looked, but I wouldn't say it was all on him. Still, since Klopp has been in Lovren has been our best defender IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad