GWT: English Premier League: 9/16-9/18

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's ridiculous. Man City has played the teams currently 20th, 19th, 18th, 17th, and 7th. The 4 worst teams and ManU.

They've basically had 4 friendlies and a match against off-form ManU

I thought there were No Easy Matches™ in the Premier League

And on the subject of the quality of City's competition:

Shots fired

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Man I just looked at Everton's upcoming schedule.

(H)Norwich, (A)Bournemouth, (H)Palace, (A)City, (A)Burnley.

Count a loss against City but the rest aren't too crazy. Could end up with something like 23 or 25 points in their first 10 games.

Granted they'll tank hard after that because they have to play the rest of the PL, but we could honestly see Everton at the top of the table 1/4 of the way through the season.

No reason why Everton shouldn't be able to get results against City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, or Liverpool. Bolasie was a pretty huge add. Lukaku is probably going to score 30+ with the service he'll be getting.

Defending could still be an issue, but their attack is elite. If Koeman is able to drop Mirallas, and work Deulofeu in with Barkley/Bolasie/Lukaku, it'll be crazy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can't find where I read it, so it might have been on this board, but Harry Kane is supposedly out for 6 weeks with ligament damage to his ankle?

Opens the door for Janssen to take over a starting spot. He's been pretty dangerous in the games I've seen (Kane should have scored off his pass in his cameo against Monaco) he's just a bit tense right now I think. A bit more consistent gametime and I think he'll start to open up quite a bit and show why he's such a good talent.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
as of 30 minutes ago the team was still waiting on news for Kane...I saw a "they thought there could be damage" but also saw "Mild ankle sprain"

In the last half-hour
Spurs still waiting on Kane status NBC Sports 16:52
Spurs feel pace as Pochettino sweats on Kane Gulf Today 16:46

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Big blow for Spurs. Got some big matches coming up in that time span with Leicester, City, and at Arsenal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Big blow for Spurs. Got some big matches coming up in that time span with Leicester, City, and at Arsenal.

Psh, they'll be better off. Kane hasn't looked good this season anyway, and Janssen will be out to prove a point. He's fought pretty hard to get where he is and likely won't stop now.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Psh, they'll be better off. Kane hasn't looked good this season anyway, and Janssen will be out to prove a point. He's fought pretty hard to get where he is and likely won't stop now.

Harry Kane is a slow starter and needs time to find his rhythm. This injury delays the finding of his form, as after he comes back from injury he'll still have that phase of getting back into things. Spurs are very clearly the worse off for this. I get that you love Janssen, but to say that Spurs are a better team with Kane injured just doesn't make sense to me.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Kane was finding his groove in the last few games. You're kidding yourself if you think Janssen will be able to replace Kane's contribution just because he's dutch.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Kane was starting to slow down at the end of last year...so maybe this helps him keep form thru May...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad