GWT: English Premier League: 9/16-9/18

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, City have the best manager, who has shown over many years that he's the best in the world at getting consistent results game after game out of his players.

And I also agree that Liverpool hasn't been dominating the game nearly as much as the scoreboard would indicate. I think it has actually been fairly even.

That's why I've always rated Wenger. He's always got a lot out of his squads. My big criticism of him has always been his unwillingness to spend (and I don't think he needed to spend that much).

Well I think Liverpool have definitely been the better side. They've worked so well as a unit defending and the difference in work rate has been huge. That said their goals were from horrible defending and a wonder strike.

I will just add about Liverpool that I think LITN is going to be more right than wrong about them this season. I like their chances under Klopp with the depth they now have. They're still lacking at the back more than anywhere for me and Mignolet is a bad insurance policy, but if they can work like they have thus far this season (and preseason) and not suffer to many injuries I can see them top 4.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As far as I'm concerned Liverpool are fine at the back. Clyne is one of the best RBs in the league, Matip looks the goods and was one of the best CBs in the BuLi, Lovren has been dominant since Klopp took over and Milner looks to be adjusting well. What teams are really set up better in the back once Karius returns? It's going to be more about team structure than the personnel in that regard.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's why I've always rated Wenger. He's always got a lot out of his squads. My big criticism of him has always been his unwillingness to spend (and I don't think he needed to spend that much).

Well I think Liverpool have definitely been the better side. They've worked so well as a unit defending and the difference in work rate has been huge. That said their goals were from horrible defending and a wonder strike.

I will just add about Liverpool that I think LITN is going to be more right than wrong about them this season. I like their chances under Klopp with the depth they now have. They're still lacking at the back more than anywhere for me and Mignolet is a bad insurance policy, but if they can work like they have thus far this season (and preseason) and not suffer to many injuries I can see them top 4.

I think Wenger gets out of his squads about what you'd expect from the talent and rarely more in recent years. Top 4 finish and R16 in CL every year, but the team runs into serious issues sometimes due to their lack of structure with and without the ball.

I think Liverpool is pretty good at the back, actually. Well, we'll see what happens if Matip gets injured. Milner is a better version of Grosskreutz, whom Klopp turned into a very good full back for a couple years. Their squad is pretty good all around, but it definitely still lacks the star power of City, Chelsea, and United, and I think there results will still be a bit unpredictable. I think they'll finish in the CL spots again though.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think that's a foul outside the box

That was really good two minutes for chelsea, but it ends with a goalkick

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Costa hasn't put in a bad touch today

Put on Fabregas now

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Diego seriously hasn't put in a bad touch today, and that's usually his struggle

Feed the man

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
That was extremely good defending by Liverpool on that counter

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
2015 Hazard has reappeared for this second half

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Willian had the chance to set Hazard Oscar and Costa on a 3 on 2 break but he totally ****ed that ball

There's costa's first ****** touch

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
All of those players you mentioned should have taken the LB spot and are better than Ivanovic. Unfortunately coaches don't always see it that way.

Baba wasn't good defensively and people forget that Ivanovic was great in the only year that Luis was here.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Oh **** off

there was absolutely no service the whole game, deserved loss. Outside of the goal where Matic somehow was able to run through, liverpool was brilliantly disciplined

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool saw that game out well after conceding. Only gave up the free kick and really Origi should have scored as well. Not on the header, but the botched move that was pretty much 3 v 3 and on his side 2 v 1.

It's going to be interesting to judge Liverpool after this season. All of these players being so similar will be either a strength or a weakness in the end.

Klopp is a strange one the way he walks up to all these players and grabs them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad