GWT: English Premier League: 4/29 - 5/1/2017

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Results today helped to hand the CL spot to Liverpool on a silver platter, couldn't ask for better ones. Now it's a matter of snatching it. Beat Watford 6-1 earlier this season and I don't expect that now, but should win the game tomorrow.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Results today helped to hand the CL spot to Liverpool on a silver platter, couldn't ask for better ones. Now it's a matter of snatching it. Beat Watford 6-1 earlier this season and I don't expect that now, but should win the game tomorrow.

If Liverpool don't take 3 it doesn't matter what happened today.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Gonna be great watching a centerback paring of Blind and.....Carrick maybe? Who knows, deal with Giroud next weekend.

Sounds like LVG's wet dream with all that ball playing ability :laugh:

I'd love to see Tuanzebe play but there's no way that happens.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sounds like LVG's wet dream with all that ball playing ability :laugh:

I'd love to see Tuanzebe play but there's no way that happens.

I think Tuanzebe playing will be dependent on getting a good result from the away leg of the EL. If they could somehow win 2-0 or 3-1 Jose would likely put him in.

Either that or having the palace game be useless at the end of the year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So...

- Chelsea hired their manager in 2016 and they're leading the EPL.
- Spurs hired their manager in 2014 and they're second place in the EPL.
- Arsenal hired their manager in 1996 and they're sixth place in the EPL and haven't won a major title since 2003-04.

Who would've thought? As for the result, quite stoked, do NOT want to be in the top 5.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, it still does as it pertains to United. That was their easiest remaining fixture and they have three remaining games where I think they'll drop points.

I don't take any stock in that. Liverpool may have the "easiest" schedule, but those are the teams they struggle against. It doesn't mean a thing. What matters is there are six points for the taking before Man U plays Arsenal. It would behoove Liverpool to get all of them. Dropping any points at this stage is honestly very tragic. Liverpool have to turn the screw now.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't take any stock in that. Liverpool may have the "easiest" schedule, but those are the teams they struggle against. It doesn't mean a thing. What matters is there are six points for the taking before Man U plays Arsenal. It would behoove Liverpool to get all of them. Dropping any points at this stage is honestly very tragic. Liverpool have to turn the screw now.

We'll lose one of these games, so be prepared for that. I'm looking at this in the realistic sense.

They would get 3rd if they won every game, but they wouldn't. If I had to pick a game I thought they'd lose, this would be the one. If they don't drop points, the pressure will be on for the other teams and I think we'll finish top four.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We'll lose one of these games, so be prepared for that. I'm looking at this in the realistic sense.

They would get 3rd if they won every game, but they wouldn't. If I had to pick a game I thought they'd lose, this would be the one.

Palace, Southampton and West Ham all scared me because they have proven to know how to beat Liverpool. Boro and Watford are the two that Liverpool I thought they would be about to take out for sure. Liverpool need to find at least 3, maybe 4, points out of SH & WH. I would much rather prefer to not rely on, or even look at what Manu is doing.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
So...

- Chelsea hired their manager in 2016 and they're leading the EPL.
- Spurs hired their manager in 2014 and they're second place in the EPL.
- Arsenal hired their manager in 1996 and they're sixth place in the EPL and haven't won a major title since 2003-04.

Who would've thought? As for the result, quite stoked, do NOT want to be in the top 5.
I mean yea, but it's not like the grass is always greener on the other side. Arsenal have a broken squad and losing Wenger and missing out on CL could send their stars packing and leave them with a pretty weak side. Yea, they have money, but so did Newcastle and Valencia. Not saying that they will turn into one of those teams or that I'm not pretty solidly on the #WengerOut train, but it's not like things will get fixed by #WengerOut, that just symbolizes the beginning of blowing stuff up at the Emirates.

If Arsenal have an exodus of Bellerin, Sanchez and Ozil they look a lot like a mid-table side to me, and not really even that good of one.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Liverpool usually find a way to **** things up so I'm not counting on a top 4 spot. Think I have to do it that way for my own health :laugh::cry:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean yea, but it's not like the grass is always greener on the other side. Arsenal have a broken squad and losing Wenger and missing out on CL could send their stars packing and leave them with a pretty weak side. Yea, they have money, but so did Newcastle and Valencia. Not saying that they will turn into one of those teams or that I'm not pretty solidly on the #WengerOut train, but it's not like things will get fixed by #WengerOut, that just symbolizes the beginning of blowing stuff up at the Emirates.

If Arsenal have an exodus of Bellerin, Sanchez and Ozil they look a lot like a mid-table side to me, and not really even that good of one.

I think Kroenke is going to have to open up the bank to fix the team, and since he almost never does that, they could be in for a rough couple of years as they recover.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Liverpool are weak mentally they always **** up against teams they should dominate.

That's why they will never win the league. They need to find a way to grind results and make other teams suffer when they are playing Liverpool but the current squad are not capable of doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad