GWT: English Premier League: 4/29 - 5/1/2017

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
so disappointed, 2nd straight year where United could've finished top 4 to get CL but just choked near the end of season.

sick of all these injuries, every year smalling, jones, shaw. every ****ing year

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Psssh. Look at Liverpool's record against bottom 12 and then you can cry about squandering things.

United had 10 Premier League home draws this season (with a hot Palace team to come at the end of the season).

The teams they drew at home:

Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool, Hull, Bournemouth, West Brom, Everton, Swansea.

That's home draws against teams currently ranked, 18, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12 and 10 in the league. In the games against elite defensive juggernauts like Burnley and Hull they failed to score at home.

Yes, United 100% bottled it. Against Swansea they allowed an 80th minute equalizer, against Everton they needed a last second penalty to save a point, against WBA they had 3 shots on target, against Bournemouth they were playing against 10 men for the entire 2nd half and couldn't score.

United have the 3rd best away record in the league, only 1 point behind City with two fewer away games played. It's entirely possible they finish the season with the 2nd best away record in the league but miss the top 4 because their home record is currently the 7th best. Manchester United will finish this season winning between 35 and 40% of their home games. That's mindbogglingly terrible.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
OhCRRbZ.png

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Still not sure which goal I prefer between Hendo's strike vs. Chelsea and Can's vs. Watford. Both so beautiful in different ways. I think Hendo's still has more weight for me for the competition, and my preference for long shots.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Can's everyday for me. I mean, can you imagine the ridicule he'd received if he'd tried that and failed to score? "What an idiot! Just bring it down on your chest you moron!"

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can's is one of the best goals in the history of the league. The camera angle doesn't do justice to how far away from the goal he was. Henderson's was great but I've seen plenty goals like that.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
This is so much lol. Only in Liverpool. 1-0 lead and Lovren try to find matip in the box in the 91th minute :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow! Just saw that Can goal... Absolutely incredible. To each their own, but for me it was definitely better than Henderson's.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United had 10 Premier League home draws this season (with a hot Palace team to come at the end of the season).

The teams they drew at home:

Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool, Hull, Bournemouth, West Brom, Everton, Swansea.

That's home draws against teams currently ranked, 18, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12 and 10 in the league. In the games against elite defensive juggernauts like Burnley and Hull they failed to score at home.

Yes, United 100% bottled it. Against Swansea they allowed an 80th minute equalizer, against Everton they needed a last second penalty to save a point, against WBA they had 3 shots on target, against Bournemouth they were playing against 10 men for the entire 2nd half and couldn't score.

United have the 3rd best away record in the league, only 1 point behind City with two fewer away games played. It's entirely possible they finish the season with the 2nd best away record in the league but miss the top 4 because their home record is currently the 7th best. Manchester United will finish this season winning between 35 and 40% of their home games. That's mindbogglingly terrible.

Liverpool are undefeated against the top 9 teams in the PL and are fighting for 4th because they have dropped points to every team 10th or lower except Boro, Stoke and Watford. It's very terrible. If Mourinho gave a damn about offense those draws would have turned to wins, especially with Utd's squad depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad