GWT: English Premier League: 4/29 - 5/1/2017

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hate looking ahead but I think 3 vs Southampton on Sunday seals the deal.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That break at the end perfectly sums up Liverpool for me, chance to go for the kill and Sturridge starts faffing about. Looks like they'll be in the Champions League next season, but they are going to need to spend a fortune in the summer to get someone who can actually put teams away.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They need to buy Lacazette.

They'll fall behind City, finish 4th, and then bomb out in the qualifying round ;)

I should be worried about that scenario, but I think one of Palace/Leicester should take points from them. In the case they don't and Liverpool do finish 4th, hopefully Dortmund finishes above Hoffenheim or Ajax/Dynamo Kiev gets bounced early in the qualifying. The difference in having to play Napoli/Sevilla/Dortmund and the likes of Gent/PAOK/Sporting Lisbon would obviously be very big.

So hopefully Liverpool just takes all the points. It's a little hard to believe the squad is in this position given how many players have been injured. It will be nice to get this season over, get everyone back, and move on to the next one.

Last edited:

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Looks like only team to take advantage from all the dropped points this week was Liverpool.

I just can't believe how many times we passed on opportunities like this. Top 4 is out of the picture now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Looks like only team to take advantage from all the dropped points this week was Liverpool.

I just can't believe how many times we passed on opportunities like this. Top 4 is out of the picture now.

Psssh. Look at Liverpool's record against bottom 12 and then you can cry about squandering things.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, United definitely bottled it. They had numerous chances to take advantage and had the squad to do it. Now they are all hurt and have to somehow manage to win the EL or make these points up. No idea if they'll do either as Shaw is now out too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, United definitely bottled it. They had numerous chances to take advantage and had the squad to do it. Now they are all hurt and have to somehow manage to win the EL or make these points up. No idea if they'll do either as Shaw is now out too.

Liverpool bottled it. They went on holiday from January 1 to Valentine's Day bay the minimum they should be running away with 3rd

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They choked against Bournemouth twice. Just a draw in that game in December and all they probably need is one win. I think 4 points does it though.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
They need to buy Lacazette.

I should be worried about that scenario, but I think one of Palace/Leicester should take points from them. In the case they don't and Liverpool do finish 4th, hopefully Dortmund finishes above Hoffenheim or Ajax/Dynamo Kiev gets bounced early in the qualifying. The difference in having to play Napoli/Sevilla/Dortmund and the likes of Gent/PAOK/Sporting Lisbon would obviously be very big.

So hopefully Liverpool just takes all the points. It's a little hard to believe the squad is in this position given how many players have been injured. It will be nice to get this season over, get everyone back, and move on to the next one.

Lacazette is class but he would definitely be a luxury addition. It would pain me to see Bobby get relegated to a squad player given the pleasure I get from watching him spearhead that press. He's inconsistent but he's far too quality to play only 10 minutes a game.

That Dortmund/Hoffenheim match this weekend is going to be must see tv.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Frankly I see Lacazette going to Atletico to replace Griezmann. Rumors have been hot for months about this move and he's said he loves the spanish league.
Makes a lot of sense for both sides too.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
The performances the last few weeks show Can should remain in the first XI even after other players are signed.

The pass for the goal was pretty good too, but unless Can tried that bicycle kick it never would have amounted to anything.

Just as good?

Lallana's would have been brilliant. What Can just did is just something else. Never seen a bicycle kick that clean with the pass coming from such an angle.

Even after sleeping on it, I'm still stunned by the thought process of this goal. You see that pass lots. And players ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS just bring it down on their chest and maybe something comes from it, but usually not. I just can't for the life of me figure out what went through his head that lead to him thinking... "I should do THIS." And then bang. It's one of the best goals I've ever seen. Forget this season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lacazette wouldn't relegate Firmino to the bench. Firmino is our best player and probably Klopp's favourite, or at least one of them. He's integral to the way that Klopp sets up and if we did buy someone like Lacazette it just means that we'd either a) change formation or b) move Bobby out wide where he's been playing lately (though without a doubt he's much better centrally).

Also yeah...Can's goal was absolutely amazing. Liverpool in general have scored some real beauties this year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Frankly I see Lacazette going to Atletico to replace Griezmann. Rumors have been hot for months about this move and he's said he loves the spanish league.
Makes a lot of sense for both sides too.

Where do you think Griezmann goes if United misses the CL? From what I've heard Griezmann to United is basically fully reliant on CL qualification.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Where do you think Griezmann goes if United misses the CL? From what I've heard Griezmann to United is basically fully reliant on CL qualification.
Still don't think he joins United. I think he'll go to Real. Too much smoke there. Or City?

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I also have an hard time seeing United get Griezmann.
I think if they do make the CL they will have a very good shot.

I have no clue which top striker would want to join United.. without CL maybe Icardi? or Lukaku?

They obviously gonna buy one though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I also have an hard time seeing United get Griezmann.
I think if they do make the CL they will have a very good shot.

I have no clue which top striker would want to join United.. without CL maybe Icardi? or Lukaku?

They obviously gonna buy one though.

Possibly Moussa Dembele, who would be on my list if I were Liverpool.

Or they could just let Rashford and Martial play striker like they should do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lacazette not linked to Liverpool

There are various places that have linked them, credible or not. Though as has been mentioned it sounds far more likely he ends up in Spain or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->