GWT: English Premier League: 4/29 - 5/1/2017

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I have to say that I've been impressed with Tom Davies this season. Playing pretty well for an 18 year old.

Indeed. Breaking things up nicely today for Everton. He's really neutralized Chelsea's midfield. Just the right amount of violence too. Seemed like a tip of the cap from Matic after he took Davies down at one point and ruffled his hair after.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
On a side note:

Poch has been rotating Walker and Trippier so much lately. Makes me wonder if there actually was truth to the rumor that Walker wanted to leave.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
All the pressure on Spurs now, hard to see Chelsea dropping anymore points looking at their fixtures (three of their last four are at home, all against teams with nothing to play for), this was realistically the match Spurs hoped Chelsea failed to win

I still expect City to finish in the top four looking at their fixtures but overall its been a poor season (no trophies, relatively early exit in CL, scraping into the top four). That squad needs a total shakeup in the summer

Hull, Swansea and Boro all pick up a point, however for Boro things still look bleak, six points from safety with trips to Chelsea and Liverpool still to come, so they are as good as down. Teams like Palace/West Ham/Burnley not totally safe either yet but time is on their side with only three matches left and a 6-7 point cushion

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I believe I made a post here a few days ago about how I could totally see Arsenal booting the Manchester clubs out of the top 4. After today, that looks extremely possible. Hoping for a Gunners' win today, if only so as to make Spurs drop points.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I believe I made a post here a few days ago about how I could totally see Arsenal booting the Manchester clubs out of the top 4. After today, that looks extremely possible. Hoping for a Gunners' win today, if only so as to make Spurs drop points.

Unless Arsenal can get a win today I don't see it happening. Beating United will be tough. Despite such a terrible winning record, the one thing United has been exceptional at this season is not losing.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Pedro's goal is a beauty. Looked like nothing was going on and he just found a little room for a practically perfect shot. :bow::clap:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Pedro's goal is a beauty. Looked like nothing was going on and he just found a little room for a practically perfect shot. :bow::clap:

I recall the rhetoric by some here last season that no team that had Pedro as a starter could win a title.:laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Unless Arsenal can get a win today I don't see it happening. Beating United will be tough. Despite such a terrible winning record, the one thing United has been exceptional at this season is not losing.

But now that literally every single CB we have is hurt they could sneak one out. I'd hope not but man the injuries are gonna **** the rest of this season up at this rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad