GWT: English Premier League 12/17-12/19

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Chelsea may just keep getting better because Conte has yet to put his stamp on this team.He will be able to attract a lot more players with European football on the table.

Kante alone is a huge upgrade to Chelsea's midfield, I don't think he really gets enough recognition for how good he is. They aren't using the same squad as they were 2 years ago anyways. Sure still a core of Hazard, Costa, Matic, Azpilicueta, and Cahill, but almost all their other regulars are new from either 2 years ago, or even last year with the Mou disaster.
Any knowledgeable fan should see how much worse Leicester are without him and how much better Chelsea have gotten.Like a Claude Makélélé because of his position, a guy like Kanté will never get the appreciation he deserves.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No Matip for the derby.

Liverpool putting out the same side as @ Boro but Sturridge and Can are back on the bench. I'd imagine at least one plays today.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I only caught the studio commentary briefly, but did I hear that right that Liverpool are complaining about the length of the grass??

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton great for first 25 minutes. Liverpool starting to find rhythm though. Hasn't been a great game but the crowd has been awesome.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Everton looked the better side for most of the first half. Pace started to pick up towards the end of the half but I found the first half hour actually pretty cautious

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea I'd say Everton had the better of the game for the first half, but they didn't have any really great chances and Liverpool has a ton of quick strike potential so that advantage could easily disappear.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Definitely buzzing, Everton just had a solid chance there on a really poor positioning decision by Mignolet. If Lukaku can get just a tiny but more on the header, he has no chance of getting back to cover the open 3/4 of a goal.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, seeing that a few more times that's an easy red if the ref gets a look at it. I have a assume due to the position and angle he wasn't able to see the follow through.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Feel like the wrong guys were subbed out. Let's see how it goes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Coutinho got a yellow card earlier this season for kicking the ball out just like Barkley did there. Just saying.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Coutinho got a yellow card earlier this season for kicking the ball out just like Barkley did there. Just saying.

Doesn't mean what Coutinho did didn't deserve a yellow. I've never liked the argument that he didn't get caught or he didn't get in trouble, so I shouldn't get in trouble for the same infraction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad