GWT: English Premier League: 10/24 - 10/25/2015

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have Liverpool fans all around me in my personal life, it's why I watch a lot of their games and on weekly basis I get into an argument with one of them over Sakho. Seems like they all love him but I don't see it. I don't hate him and couldn't careless if he does well, I just don't think he's good. Either you and Liverpool fans are right about him or the rest of the world, we'll see I guess. If I had to guess I honestly think he won't be on the team this time next year.
Sakho just signed a new contract and Klopp raves about him in interviews.

He'll definitely be at Liverpool.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The last manager didn't like him, wasn't playing him, and he was given that contract anyway. I think there's a lot more to the Liverpool/Rodgers/Klopp situation than will ever be told.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
He's probably been lost in the terribleness that has been Sunderland's season so far but what a fantastic start M'Vila has made. His off-the-pitch problems are well noted, but on it, he's been a model professional. He's demanding a higher level from all of our players. As a footballer, he can do it all. Brilliant player. As complete a midfielder as I've seen at Sunderland.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Sakho is bad and if Klopp puts any faith in him at all he'll never win anything at Liverpool

Feel free to remember this with a view to laugh at me in years to come, it won't happen, he's a complete carthorse and regularly gets found out at this level, never mind anything higher

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As I've been quite vocal about I am very skeptical of Sakho. Sometimes he looks incredible, and others he looks very bad. Unfortunately I have yet to see any kind of consistently good performances from him at Liverpool. Maybe the league just doesn't suit him, but I hope he can figure it out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also yeah, West Ham is funny. They'll lose to Bournemouth and Leicester, draw Norwich and Sunderland...no problem though because they'll drop the hammer on Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Chelsea...lol

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Was in a wedding all day yesterday so I had to DVR Sunderland-Newcastle.
Came home to see that the DVR failed to record anything.
I was livid, until I saw the scoreline.
And then I was livid once more.
That sums up my fandom to a tee.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
RIP Stray Wasp

It takes more than a ludicrous game of football to top me, my good chap. But it's proof positive that things come in threes.

I came to London on a six month contract. Last Monday, I learned that the contract was to be extended. When I texted Mr Exile to report the good news, he replied that he was in town for work. Cue much rejoicing.

On Wednesday, the company's chief executive announced the results of a six-month project to determine the company's future direction. The upshot: in 2016 my department relocates to Haydock (between Liverpool and Manchester). Cue everyone agreeing they'll be looking for new jobs next year.

On Thursday, the team was forced to sit through an egregious performance by one of the suits. Tasked to provide a coherent explanation for what was occurring, he spewed out the word 'empowerment', then talked several tons of drivel, interspersed with regular use of the word 'agility'.

Then news of the TalkTalk data protection meltdown broke. TalkTalk has my bank details.

In comparison, then, Sunday was nowt. Its annoying that for 44 minutes Newcastle utterly humiliated sunderland, but carelessly forgot to score. More annoying still that even with a man advantage, sunderland looked woefully uneasy (and if I'm accused of bias, I'll direct you to Niall Quinn's comments).

Irritating, too, was hearing Quinn and the commentator piously intone about Newcastle's disciplinary problems. sunderland would have had one too yesterday, had the rules been properly applied to Lee Cattermole.

Still, football is ultimately about scoring goals. The red card and penalty changed the game, but the decisive moment was Pantilimon's save from Mitrovic. Had that gone in, I'm not sure how the mackems would have coped.

Its absurd that twice now Sam Allardyce has picked the wrong team for a derby, watched his side's goal come under siege for a significant proportion of the game, and not lost either time. His players won in spite of him. McClaren did little wrong, I felt. A lack of composure near the enemy goal was his team's undoing, along with a little overexcitedness pushing forward to score the goal they needed.

The real villain of the piece is, naturally, Ashley. The penalty came out of Coloccini lacking pace and Rob Elliot not being an EPL keeper. Yet the former has had his contract extended twice since he reached the point where his vulnerability on the turn became a ruinous drawback. And the latter was given a new contract just this week, as a reward for most recently doing nothing wrong against Norwich, but doing nothing right either. And Tiote's yellow was as inevitable as it was stupid. He's another who shouldn't be at the club any more, but has hung around because replacing him would be too dear for Ashley's taste.

Last week I wrote about four players carrying seven. The team played better as a whole on Sunday, but still the spine has been wilfully neglected, and a broken-backed team has been the result.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Chin up. If you get a new job you can move back up north and get to home games again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad