GWT: English Premier League: 1/23 - 1/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnywhite

Aug 27, 2009
White Hart Lane
Every twitter poll I've seen has had at least 70% in favour of the red. But I'm done arguing with Arsenal fans who fail to recognize what is a textbook sending off.

I'm a Spurs fan of over 60yrs & I still can't find any contact there. Costa conned the ref, Clattenburg, so that's not too hard. I'm about the last to go to bat for Arsenal, but that was total BS.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Cant believe I actually agree with you :help:. After numerous replays we see there was no contact, but it would hard to make that decision is real time. having said that, it referees would book players for diving, they probably would think twice about doing it. They dont so Costa and others keep diving, and I dont blame them.

Yup. I don't have a problem with the red in real time, but after the fact, it must be said that it was a clear dive and there was no contact. It is what it is but Arsenal fans are understandably frustrated that Costa's cheating ways are continually rewarded.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Cant believe I actually agree with you :help:. After numerous replays we see there was no contact, but it would hard to make that decision is real time. having said that, it referees would book players for diving, they probably would think twice about doing it. They dont so Costa and others keep diving, and I dont blame them.

I agree. As long as the worst type of punishment is a yellow on a play like that it is worth a shot for Costa to try.

The PL should institute retroactive punishment for diving.

If the play earns the tackler a yellow, it is rescinded; a red it is rescinded and the diver gets the ban. In the box is a 3 game ban.

Why not? It's embarrassing and fixable (come up w better ideas than above, by all means) yet nothing is tried.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
well at least you can see the contact to his ankle clearly now

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

If it was reversed and Terry did that to Giroud, i'd be calling for a red. But Giroud wouldn't roll around like Costa did and that's why some of us are complaining I guess.

Flamini needs to come off for the Egyptian.

But watching that replay again on the card, wtf was Mertesacker doing? He costs this team so many points.

Johnnywhite

Aug 27, 2009
White Hart Lane
I agree. As long as the worst type of punishment is a yellow on a play like that it is worth a shot for Costa to try.

The PL should institute retroactive punishment for diving.

If the play earns the tackler a yellow, it is rescinded; a red it is rescinded and the diver gets the ban. In the box is a 3 game ban.

Why not? It's embarrassing and fixable (come up w better ideas than above, by all means) yet nothing is tried.

OK the ref was conned. A retroactive 5 game ban might slow down the idiots like Costa.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Exactly. Anyone blaming Clattenburg is out to lunch. Blame 1 should go to Per for **** defending that caused this in the 1st place.

But it doesn't change the fact that Costa is a diving ****.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
mKREcjX.png

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
Mertesacker is terribly slow but in this case the ref should have shown yellow card for simulation (diving) to Coshta.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Mertesacker was looking across to see if Costa was offside.

That's the funny part

why the **** would you check if he's offside right before going for the tackle lol

henry and carragher were roasting it

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That's the funny part

why the **** would you check if he's offside right before going for the tackle lol

henry and carragher were roasting it

Because if he was offside you wouldn't need to tackle?

Surprised Henry and Carragher were roasting it as it's a pretty obvious answer to anyone who has played soccer before.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Because if he was offside you wouldn't need to tackle?

Surprised Henry and Carragher were roasting it as it's a pretty obvious answer to anyone who has played soccer before.

Because you should focus upon what's happening on the field first and foremost and then if the ref whistles the ref whistles. Always play under the assumption that the whistle isn't gonna go.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah surprised that that wasn't called. At least there was contact this time before a Chelsea player flung himself to the ground.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Because you should focus upon what's happening on the field first and foremost and then if the ref whistles the ref whistles. Always play under the assumption that the whistle isn't gonna go.

Exactly. You saw a fantastic example of this last week in the Chelsea-Everton game. Terry was obviously offside from the replay, but he was surrounded by a couple Everton guys who just quit on the play and let him go thinking it would be offside. You don't stop playing until the play is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad