GWT: English Premier League: 1/23 - 1/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Taking off Giroud is just stupid. He got out-managed again vs. a clearly inferior squad.

Who takes off their best scorer when needing a goal?

In theory, it kind of make sense. Walcott just sucks and didn't once threaten Chelsea with his speed.

I know we were down to 10, but you could really see the value that Giroud brings Arsenal. Always a threat when he's in the box and links up with everybody so well.

****ing Mertesacker. And ****ing Wenger for still playing Mertesacker.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Taking off Giroud is just stupid. He got out-managed again vs. a clearly inferior squad.

Who takes off their best scorer when needing a goal?

You keep speed on. Who would you have taken out?

Out managed? Lol. Arsenal outplayed Chelsea while down a man.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Ramsey and Flamini to start showed Wengers ambition...and they survived the full 90.
Why did he purchase Elneny?

And Chelsea really are a bottom table club...shameful that Hiddink would resort to such tactics to win.."we are not of their quality, but we must gain the advantage lads...if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!":handclap:

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Normally with how teams play up a man taking Giroud off is the right choice. Usually going to be defending and hoping to break. No way to know Chelsea is just going to play so passively. The other changes and playing Ozil so high as the cf made no sense. He is your playmaker and should be coming deeper to get the ball.

And Ramsey was terrible. Gave the ball away everytime he touched it. Getting Sanchez and shortly Coquelin back is nice but there is no option at that spot with Cazorla and Wilshere out. Hopefully his average play isn't so glaring with those guys back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just don't understand how people can turn a blind eye to Wenger's incompetence.

You're telling me with Arsenal's war chest, scouting network, and resources that they couldn't have bought a better defender than Mertesacker last summer? Seriously? It was a MATTER of time to give this walking pylon the amount of minutes he has, it will bite Arsenal back in the arse (no pun intended). And its not even buying a player, but playing Gabriel who is quite easily better to give Mert some breaks as a 31 year old who's slower than a 777 airplane trying to take off from a tar pit. I forgot what the Chelsea's manager name, but even a ****** like himself knew that Costa should be marking Per than a quality defender like Koscielny. Don't even get me started with Flamini, Wenger knows he's better than Kondogbia, because there was zero need for a player like him when we have two beautiful studs in Mathieu and Arteta.

On the top of Costa, seriously just **** him. It was a deserved red for Mert, but rolling around like he just got hit with a bazooka filled on-fire-form-of-anthrax-ebola-hydrochloric-acid-uranium-nuclear-bomb-supermassive-black-worm-particle-destroyer-hole-with-most-agonizing-and-painful-tackling-honey-badger-lion-bear-tigre-killer-bee-werewolves-dementors-demon-hybrid was utter nonsense.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You already know this board will be unbearable next year if Arsenal can beat us in the league, because they haven't scored on us in three years, and haven't beaten us in four and a half years

Two straight years a player gets body-checked in the box with no pen though, that was cute

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I have no dog in the Chelsea-Arsenal match..but holy **** someone tell the refs to take a chill pill. Let's try and NOT send 2 players off and hand Chelsea the game

Lol thought of this when I saw that Mertesacker was sent off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad