GWT: English Premier League: 1/23 - 1/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i feel like i should just spam the ospina and hazard gifs from last year's arsenal chelsea at the emirates

nice tackle mertesacker 10/10

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
i feel like i should just spam the ospina and hazard gifs from last year's arsenal chelsea at the emirates

nice tackle mertesacker 10/10

True, Ospina did absolutely murder Oscar.

Costa obviously embellished, but it was a last man tackle from Mertesacker that failed. Every ref in the league will give that as a red.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
The referees need to give out cards/fouls based on a dudes history/reputation more often. No doubts about the red card for Mertesacker, but give Costa a yellow for rolling around.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
In order to tackle someone you actually need to make contact.

There was contact. Everyone on the field saw it, Mertesacker saw it (there's a reason he had no complaints), Clattenberg saw it, the commentators saw it, hell, the entire internet has had zero complaints except for the Arsenal fans on this forum.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Costa is Drogba 2.0. Dives and scores a lot vs. Arsenal. A thorn in Arsenal's side.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
There was contact. Everyone on the field saw it, Mertesacker saw it (there's a reason he had no complaints), Clattenberg saw it, the commentators saw it, hell, the entire internet has had zero complaints except for the Arsenal fans on this forum.

false...go read redcafe and rawk...

80% = cowsta dive

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Oh please, plenty of non-Arsenal fans on twitter are saying no contact.

If he got him if was on the back leg as he stepped over him, Per totally whiffed with the front foot.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Lol because njdevsfan is a Arsenal fan. Or Johnny. Watch the replay. It's pretty clear Costa was not touched.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Every single post after this one that is not pertaining to this match or any other this week and is about each other fans will be removed and infractions will be handed out.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Every twitter poll I've seen has had at least 70% in favour of the red. But I'm done arguing with Arsenal fans who fail to recognize what is a textbook sending off.

This type of condescension is unnecessary. It isn't textbook. It would be.....if Mertesacker touched him. Instead it's a textbook yellow for diving.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The referees need to give out cards/fouls based on a dudes history/reputation more often. No doubts about the red card for Mertesacker, but give Costa a yellow for rolling around.

Cant believe I actually agree with you :help:. After numerous replays we see there was no contact, but it would hard to make that decision is real time. having said that, it referees would book players for diving, they probably would think twice about doing it. They dont so Costa and others keep diving, and I dont blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad