GWT: English Premier League: 1/16 - 1/18/2016

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The problem under Rodgers wasn't the coaching. He was a competent coach it was the talent evaluation and squad building that had issue. That's where Klopp will have to make his mark.

So frustrating as usual for Liverpool to create a ton of chances but come up empty where it counts...on the scoresheet.

United were still terrible and as soon as we have a bit better quality of player it wouldn't be surprising to smash them.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wonder what's the ratio goals for and goal against for Liverpool on set pieces this year... Probably something like 1 goal for and 20 goals against.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The problem under Rodgers wasn't the coaching. He was a competent coach it was the talent evaluation and squad building that had issue. That's where Klopp will have to make his mark.

So frustrating as usual for Liverpool to create a ton of chances but come up empty where it counts...on the scoresheet.

United were still terrible and as soon as we have a bit better quality of player it wouldn't be surprising to smash them.

As long as they have De Gea and Liverpool have Mignolet, and as long as Liverpool can't finish they have the advantage. As I said, Man U screwing Real Madrid over De Gea in the summer, was the most important move of that window. And it will probably be enough to get a lousy United side top 4.

Liverpool won't make top 4. Time to focus on getting past Stoke in the League Cup and the Europa League.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Can't really judge Klopp here for a while. He inherited a pretty bad squad. Considering how big of a name is, you gotta assume he had some assurances that he'd be given some big money to spend soon to get what he wants.

Finishing 5th would be a best case scenario for Liverpool.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As other have stated, what is Klopp expected to do with that squad? A 5th-8th finish is a completely reasonable finish for them. Klopp will have to really make his mark as a manager by how he rebuilds that squad.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I would totally be okay with Arsenal selling Walcott. I haven't seen him play a good 90 minutes in a long time, and he's just been treading water this season whenever on.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I would totally be okay with Arsenal selling Walcott. I haven't seen him play a good 90 minutes in a long time, and he's just been treading water this season whenever on.

Would only sell if they find a good replacement for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad