GWT: English Premier League: 1/16 - 1/18/2016

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That's a game Champions grind 3 points out of when they've seen other teams drop points.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Simply not enough quality in the Liverpool squad and that's to be expected. When you lift players from mid-table clubs to have them play together you usually wind up with a mid-table club.

Also, it's clear to see Liverpool didn't replace Sterling because they have nobody in the squad who can score or provide the speed that he had. No, Ibe is not better. Never will be. If they had even one player like Sterling maybe this season would go a bit differently.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh well. I can't be too angry given the offense that's in the training room. No Sanchez/Özil/Welbeck/Cazorla is a lot of goals not on the field.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Saw the score before watching the game. I would have taken a nil to nil draw at Stoke City without Oezil, playing Mertesacker, and our injury list.

After watching the game, I thought Arsenal should have scored at least one from Ox and two of Giroud's chances, poor finishing by Olivier. But Stoke were easily the better team in the second half which required superb goalkeeping from Cech. I think 0-0 was fair result.

Gotta give a lot of credit to Stoke, only have one loss in their last six games or so, they're looking great.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Simply not enough quality in the Liverpool squad and that's to be expected. When you lift players from mid-table clubs to have them play together you usually wind up with a mid-table club.

Also, it's clear to see Liverpool didn't replace Sterling because they have nobody in the squad who can score or provide the speed that he had. No, Ibe is not better. Never will be. If they had even one player like Sterling maybe this season would go a bit differently.

IMO Liverpool will need not just better players but a much deeper squad to play the kind of football Klopp wants to play not just once every two weeks but every match.

Klopp was never going to be an instant fix anyway, he's often emphasized the need of a complete training camp which made his decision to take over Liverpool mid-season rather surprising. But I guess he knew the chance would be gone if he waited til the spring to make a decision.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Being first without having Sanchez, Cazorla, Coquelin, Wilshere, and Welbeck for a large part of the year is huge. In the bigger picture, the point was huge, but it was still difficult to not do anything for 90 minutes.

Walcott and OX were really bad. Everybody else was alright, but those 2 guys wasted alot of balls and didn't really offer anything going forward. Iwobi was better in his 20 minutes than Walcott was in his time. I'd much rather take Campbell over Ox going forward too.

Really disconnected game.

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
The perspective on the last two games will depend on whether Arsenal wins the Premier League. If they do- they won two points at Liverpool and Stoke. If they don't- they lost four points in those two games.

Four more games against the strongest teams- home vs. Chelsea and away vs Man. U., Tottenham and City. Going at City is on the 37-th round and I have the feeling that by then the outcome of this game will not matter. Or it could be the most important game of the season, who knows.

So vs Chelsea, Man.U and Tottenham they won't win all, but 5-6 points of these 3 games will be great. And this is under the presumption Arsenal will be consistent against all others.

Just calculations...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
no mou no win

and ivanovic will play, so we will lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad