Pre-Game Talk: End vs van: It may happen, but not anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Why insist the playoffs start on a certain date? What about three or even four days later or stagger the series an extra day or two apart so teams playing regular season games the latest into May get a mandatory three days of practice before they start their series.

I hope everyone realizes there is a good chance this isn't the last delay because of covid. Both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
what f***ing board are you on anyways. Vancouver flaunted the COVID rules and have f***ed us in the process and you want to chat about what’s fair in terms of matchups and schedule. f*** right off!
Now you've got the hang of it. Earlier today you were wondering why we tell all these Nucks fans to get lost. Except @Ginger Papa That poster is very welcome.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Now you've got the hang of it. Earlier today you were wondering why we tell all these Nucks fans to get lost. Except @Ginger Papa That poster is very welcome.

Well it was just the one poster that I didn't think was too bad, but this one pissed me off. Why the hell would you come to an Oilers forum to discuss Vancouver's chances and suggest they should be given an easy ride to get back into it because of the hardships they faced that were self-induced. Vancouver was almost out of it even before their players, wives and coaches chose to play loose or outright ignore the protocols so I couldn't care less if the NHL totally screwed them over with the schedule.

The only part I'm somewhat forgiving on is that they probably shouldn't force them into playing before it would be completely safe to do so which may have been the case if they played tomorrow, but they don't deserve any slack once they are back playing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well it was just the one poster that I didn't think was too bad, but this one pissed me off. Why the hell would you come to an Oilers forum to discuss Vancouver's chances and suggest they should be given an easy ride to get back into it because of the hardships they faced that were self-induced. Vancouver was almost out of it even before their players, wives and coaches chose to play loose or outright ignore the protocols so I couldn't care less if the NHL totally screwed them over with the schedule.

The only part I'm somewhat forgiving on is that they probably shouldn't force them into playing before it would be completely safe to do so which may have been the case if they played tomorrow, but they don't deserve any slack once they are back playing.

The one left coast loon asked how we felt and when he didnt like the replies got all pissy. If you dont want to hear an answer to a question that you may not like then dont stroll into someones back yard and ask the question in the first place.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thank you

I agree. Know your audience & start with their concerns first. Thank you for being level headed.
The one left coast loon asked how we felt and when he didnt like the replies got all pissy. If you dont want to hear an answer to a question that you may not like then dont stroll into someones back yard and ask the question in the first place.

I agree 100% and followed this advice when I joined your Board. I knew that there would be many “Canuck Haters” here, but as a guest, it wasn’t my place to lash out indignantly.
Rather, just remember ones place as a Guest & Post accordingly and respectfully. It works out in the end if you’re not an asshole.

Example: I posted what I thought would be a funny gif/joke/meme string in the Around the league thread earlier.

I received feedback that it might not be the right time, so I had it deleted. No issue.

I’m not perfect and f*** up as well. But the main thing is what one does when they f*** up imho.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Thank you

I agree. Know your audience & start with their concerns first. Thank you for being level headed.

I agree 100% and followed this advice when I joined your Board. I knew that there would be many “Canuck Haters” here, but as a guest, it wasn’t my place to lash out indignantly.
Rather, just remember ones place as a Guest & Post accordingly and respectfully. It works out in the end if you’re not an asshole.

Example: I posted what I thought would be a funny gif/joke/meme string in the Around the league thread earlier.

I received feedback that it might not be the right time, so I had it deleted. No issue.

I’m not perfect and f*** up as well. But the main thing is what one does when they f*** up imho.
No one could hate on the @Ginger Papa

Reactions: Ginger Papa

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thank you

We all eff up. I have the 1st place badge for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA