Hockey Mecca
Or do more dancing exercises.

2m2cdy.jpg

Blou, lucky you, you in L.A.??

Reactions: Bloumeister

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
He's been **** for 5 games straight.

No excuse for his play right now. He's a headcase.

He even said it during his postgame, "It's not physical, it's mental right now". It's been mental with him for a few years now...

It is clearly mental but it hasnt been a few years. It has been 1 year and a month.

2016-17 .923 2.23

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
To focus on the rest of the game the defense is just f***ing terrible independent of Prices struggles. The break downs and inability to do simple things like take the pass away on a 2 on 1 is just mind boggling. I saw that Alzner buried a guy around the crease last night, maybe he can teach the rest of the guys 1 thing. One of my favorite parts last night was when the Rodrigues guy skated down the middle of the o zone and the 2 d just let him come down the middle like he was Moses.

Seems like teams are jumping the habs break out at their own blue line the past week or so, and the weak attempted passes in the middle of the ice at their blue line to exit the zone with speed is executed piss poorly or getting turned over before the pass even gets that far.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Now I will admit I didn't watch the entire game, I was only able to keep on on the score app.

I just watched the highlights...Holy hell. I mean price sucked. He was not good at all this game and this is from a pricey fan boy here. He stunk. that is one of the worst games I've seen him play.

In the high lights, the number of times jeff petry blew coverage on his man is staggering and I do not think any other team in the league lets as many 2on 1 go as the d core on mtl. Price is to blame, but so is our putrid D men.

How in the f**k bergie could have ever thought he improved this Dcore is beyond words.

But to address the comments regarding Price playing up to his contract.... Who the hell gave him the 10.5?
Yeah thats on our GM. He could have said no, probably got crucified and fired(LOL MAYBE) and signed another tender at 4 million.

If Marc had come out, said we need to rebuild (OOO BIG SCARY WORD CANT SAY THAT) and therefor we will not shackle ourselfs to carey, People would have been upset but understood that 1) We are basically tactical tanking by getting rid of our (former) best player
2) All the cap space could take on horrible alzner like contracts for sweet sweet draft picks and prospects.

Had marc done that, I would be 1000% in support of it. But instead, marc gave Price they keys to the city, and here we are.

GO TANK GO , GO TANK GO, GO TANK GO!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
To focus on the rest of the game the defense is just ****ing terrible independent of Prices struggles. The break downs and inability to do simple things like take the pass away on a 2 on 1 is just mind boggling. I saw that Alzner buried a guy around the crease last night, maybe he can teach the rest of the guys 1 thing. One of my favorite parts last night was when the Rodrigues guy skated down the middle of the o zone and the 2 d just let him come down the middle like he was Moses.

Seems like teams are jumping the habs break out at their own blue line the past week or so, and the weak attempted passes in the middle of the ice at their blue line to exit the zone with speed is executed piss poorly or getting turned over before the pass even gets that far.

Defense is insanely bad since 2 weeks, as soon as the puck enter our zone it becomes a nightmare and most forwards don't help at all.
Last night in the 3rd, Habs could get the puck out of their zone like 3 times before Gallagher finally pick it up at their blue line just to create a turnover and get pinned again and missing 2 other chances to get it out.

But there's also the PP unit that need to be pointed out as being terrible too in the last 2 weeks...last night had two 5-0n-3 and didn't have a top shot on goal.

Let's hope some injured players will comeback soon. It's going offensively but now we need shutdown ability.
Byron, Weber, Armia, Plekanec are all good option for that.

Reactions: Perrah

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You start drafting goalies. And hope to god that Primeau is what he seems to be.

They haven't been aggressive enough drafting goalies lately.

When was the last time they drafted a goalie out of Europe? Simila?

Seriously, Europe is so far ahead of developing goalies than North America is. The fact they haven't turned to that environment to pick some goalies is a true indictment of the scouting

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Another observation from last night was Gallagher...probably the game where he had the least amount of impact this season. No big deal, as he's been great pretty much all season but just something I noticed.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

You start drafting goalies. And hope to god that Primeau is what he seems to be.

Heard about him, but no idea how ahead of the curve he is. Goalies are the biggest scouting crapshoot.

In other news, scoring has spiked across the board so far this season. NYR are bottom-5 in G/GP with 2.67, which would've been top half only two/three years ago. 20 teams are scoring at 3+ G/GP -- that's insane! It doesn't change the issues here at home with Carey, but it does add context.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Exactly. But it seems that we have to score 7-8 goals a game. Poor Carey. Just not born in the right era. Would have been perfect with Gretzky's Oilers. Would have really been a better goalie than Fuhr, that's for sure.
Any actual goalie is better than Fuhr in the '80's. Even Gretzky in his office (behind the net) wouldn't have such success today. Hockey had changed a lot.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Heard about him, but no idea how ahead of the curve he is. Goalies are the biggest scouting crapshoot.

In other news, scoring has spiked across the board so far this season. NYR are bottom-5 in G/GP with 2.67, which would've been top half only two/three years ago. 20 teams are scoring at 3+ G/GP -- that's insane! It doesn't change the issues here at home with Carey, but it does add context.
Primeau is the shiny new toy. I cant comment to him as I have never seen him play but if there is anything that is consistently inconsistent it is predicting how goalies will translate to the pros.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Primeau is the shiny new toy. I cant comment to him as I have never seen him play but if there is anything that is consistently inconsistent it is predicting how goalies will translate to the pros.

Absolutely true. I said that yesterday, we love Primeau because we haven't see him in the pros. But both Lindgren and McNiven are not what people thought of them people. So....we will have to wait and see. I'd suggest to Timmins to start drafting goalies. Still wonder why the f*** we had to give Hawkey for a pick. Made no sense at all. Hawkey who is at .941 SV% with Providence so far.

Reactions: groovejuice

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, shots are simply going through goalies, and that means we need to reconsider what we would otherwise not deem to be a good scoring chance.

That doesn't excuse price though. The OT goal was atrocious, and he knew it right away.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely true. I said that yesterday, we love Primeau because we haven't see him in the pros. But both Lindgren and McNiven are not what people thought of them people. So....we will have to wait and see. I'd suggest to Timmins to start drafting goalies. Still wonder why the **** we had to give Hawkey for a pick. Made no sense at all. Hawkey who is at .941 SV% with Providence so far.
Yeah can never have too many goalies in the system.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Ummm, there's not enough ice time to go around.

Indeed, but would you rather choose who to play or the shiniest turd if none of the 3-4 you have are any good? Dont get me wrong im not saying waste high picks on some but look at how promising the habs goalies prospects were a year or 2 ago to what it looks like now. Im not very high on Lindgren, and McNiven is an unknown. Perhaps drafting a Euro goalie to play overseas as well to spread it out more.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If entertainment sport upsets some of you that much, you should get another hobby. Reading some of the messages here you'd think you guys are all in the Hall of Fame when in fact the "worst" player in the NHL right now would skates circles around 95% of the posters here.
95%? Try 999/1000

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Yep. In 3 on 3 you have to be aware that if you take that shot an miss, its likely a scoring opportunity for the other team. You really can't afford to miss those.
I will say though he busted his butt to get back and force the shot. An nhl goalie should have that. Price still trying to “work it out” is costing this team points. I’m ok losing an exciting, high scoring game right now. But not when it’s Price’s fault. The team is young, plays hard, moves fast and they’re the most exciting team we’ve had in recent memory. They need a goalie to match. He may not be the guy anymore. Sit his ass and play Niemi. He just doesn’t deserve to be playing right now. I had such a bad taste in my mouth when that goal went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad