POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Here comes the keyboard warriors, lol. Aren't you guys entertained. Bad night to be a so called habs fan. Vent away. Don't forget to have your milk and cookies before going to bed

636510271347192658-GettyImages-619060316.jpg

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Mental obstacles are so personal and obscure that as outside observers, we can never really know their extent and nature -- especially not from a few seconds's worth of sound bytes. Whatever it is, he's acknowledging that it's on him and that it's in his head -- and you can usually change what you acknowledge, so he should be able to bounce back.

I'm sure Price has access to a Sports Psychologist. Hopefully he can get past whatever is troubling him.

I'm not convinced that there's no lingering physical issue as well.

Jul 6, 2016
Mental obstacles are so personal and obscure that as outside observers, we can never really know their extent and nature -- especially not from a few seconds's worth of sound bytes. Whatever it is, he's acknowledging that it's on him and that it's in his head -- and you can usually change what you acknowledge, so he should be able to bounce back.

Maybe he cannot accept and adjust to the fact that his BODY doesn't follow as well as before.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I honestly don't remember which discussion you're referring to, but I totally agree with the post you quoted.
I said the Habs' start was likely not sustainable and you wondered aloud why that should be the case, given how young they are.

Glad we can agree on it now. Some day very soon you'll also agree that the Subban-Weber trade was a catastrophic loss for the Habs, but I hope it doesn't take until the ends of their careers for you to admit it - Subban has a lot of years left!

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Maybe it's the new equipment that some goalies complained about (for example Bobrovsky IIRC). I used to love the Padqvist meme about Henrik Lundqvist that implies he was an equipment babby but maybe it's Price that got so used to his past equipment size and now struggles because it feels unnatural? Idk just throwing this out there. I'm trying to rationalize what I'm seeing.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Maybe it's the new equipment that some goalies complained about (for example Bobrovsky IIRC). I used to love the Padqvist meme about Henrik Lundqvist that implies he was an equipment babby but maybe it's Price that got so used to his past equipment size and now struggles because it feels unnatural? Idk just throwing this out there. I'm trying to rationalize what I'm seeing.

Pucks are going through 'tenders league wide and no doubt. But he isn't "seeing" the puck which is the concerning part. When he struggled earlier in his career the same could be said I actually thought he needed glasses.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe he cannot accept and adjust to the fact that his BODY doesn't follow as well as before.

Could be a bunch of things but someone like him who has shown a high level of skills and has produced results, normally hasn't done so by happenstance. He owns the skills he's displayed -- what is going on now can only be understood by his entourage. Bergevin should be all over it -- he's the one upon whom that contract falls should Price completely fall apart or not perform to its fullest extent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I said the Habs' start was likely not sustainable and you wondered aloud why that should be the case, given how young they are.

Glad we can agree on it now. Some day very soon you'll also agree that the Subban-Weber trade was a catastrophic loss for the Habs, but I hope it doesn't take until the ends of their careers for you to admit it - Subban has a lot of years left!

I don't know how sustainable the Habs start was. I'm certainly not going to believe they fell apart cause they lost a game where the winning goal was scored on a blunder.

Some players have come out strong and I'd just like to see where everyone is at, at the quarter mark. Plus, what impact will Weber have when he returns?

No question we lost the Subban trade -- just the age difference and all the mileage on Weber should have enough to warrant the Preds adding more in the deal or the Habs targeting a different player. But, it's done now, what good will it do to keep revisiting it?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Pucks are going through 'tenders league wide and no doubt. But he isn't "seeing" the puck which is the concerning part. When he struggled earlier in his career the same could be said I actually thought he needed glasses.
At times, I wondered that too about his eyesight...

On the topic of mental health issues, if Price, or anyone else for that matter is suffering from depression or any other disorder, his or her well-being/health comes first.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Honestly im pleasantly surprised with this years Habs !! Very exciting win or lose. Look they have the exact same record as the SJ Sharks ! And are one point behind the almighty 18-19 stanley cuo champ Leafs.
My only disappointment is Price really !! But then i look at Rask and wonder if this has to do with the new goalie equipment?
That said maybe with this team Price just doesn’t fit. Move him IF you can
It was mentioned he is the among the last of the core that was moved. I wonder how he would do elsewhere? Can’t see Bergevin having the stones to try to move him this year though. Something has to give though. I take no pleasure in bashing him (or any other Hab) but that situation can’t continue, for him us or the team. Really sucks that the team has been very competitive, more exciting to watch at a time when he’s struggling.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
And 95% of NHLers couldn't do the job that most of the posters here have studied towards and where several have graduated with multiple degrees and/or high academic achievement from prestigious university institutions.

Hockey players are just individuals who perform a different job than we do -- it doesn't make them better or worse than any of us.

Get off your high horse. The role of Alan Walsh is already taken.
Excellent post my bro and fellow egghead :)

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Seriously, you're going to put puck pushers ahead of engineers, doctors, lawyers and other professionals whose contributions to society are far more important than pro hockey players? So what they're the best at what they do, they're just one source of entertainment amongst many -- I'll take the teacher who is not within the top class of his or her profession or your average surgeon over a hockey player any day of the week.

Regardless, the main point at issue is that the poster's argument is disingenuous to begin with. If we want to read Allan Walsh, we can find him on twitter.

Hockey players don't get payed this much because they are more ''useful'' to the society than the jobs you said. It's just that a hockey player in the NHL entertains 100k+ per night at the same time in a semi good market. Tell me one doctor or a lawyer that can work for this kind of amount of people in one night. Entertainment and saving lives isn't all that different. It's just how much people are willing to pay you for it (Demand).

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hockey players don't get payed this much because they are more ''useful'' to the society than the jobs you said. It's just that a hockey player in the NHL entertains 100k+ per night at the same time in a semi good market. Tell me one doctor or a lawyer that can work for this kind of amount of people in one night. Entertainment and saving lives isn't all that different. It's just how much people are willing to pay you for it (Demand).

There are also lawyers who have made more money than your average hockey player and who now own pro sports franchises. And they didn't need to entertain 100K + per night to do it. However, none of this matters as we've veered off on a tangent.

Let's get back to the original statement:

If entertainment sport upsets some of you that much, you should get another hobby. Reading some of the messages here you'd think you guys are all in the Hall of Fame when in fact the "worst" player in the NHL right now would skates circles around 95% of the posters here.

Who is this guy to tell others how to choose their hobby? And his comment about how NHL players are better than your average posters, well duh.

The forum is not about comparing posters to players. And neither is it a propaganda arm of the Habs's PR department. It's a microcosm of what happens in society at large -- people will post the good with the bad and some remarks are off the cuff, unfounded or just a form of venting. Doesn't mean everyone should be painted with the same broad stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad