Post-Game Talk: End of the Cinderella Story, Habs lose to Sabres 6-5

POTG (08/11/2018)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I look at the 1st 16 games of this season and I can't believe Price has been the worst player on this team. Worse than Drouin (who played decent tonight), worse than Alzner - for god sakes.

But there's a silver lining to all these dark clouds.

I just checked the Vegas - Ottawa game and I see the Golden Knights got 5 goals and Captain Ready didn't get a point and that's when I thank our lucky stars. Can you imagine if Patioready and Mb didn't get into a spat and MB would have offered him a 8 year 56 million dollar contract? Pffew, we dodged a bullet there.

All kidding aside, I'm worried. What I see as the biggest problem with the Pricer last year and this year so far is he loses sight of the puck. More often than not he doesn't know where it is.

Price said in the after game scrum that his problems were mental..... What is worrying him so badly ?

Jul 6, 2016
I will say though he busted his butt to get back and force the shot. An nhl goalie should have that. Price still trying to “work it out” is costing this team points. I’m ok losing an exciting, high scoring game right now. But not when it’s Price’s fault. The team is young, plays hard, moves fast and they’re the most exciting team we’ve had in recent memory. They need a goalie to match. He may not be the guy anymore. Sit his ass and play Niemi. He just doesn’t deserve to be playing right now. I had such a bad taste in my mouth when that goal went in.

15 goals allowed in his last three games.....

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Price sucked last night. His calm relaxed demeanour that everyone raved about is actually a problem. He is so lackadaisical when he loses sight of the puck. He looks like he doesn’t give a ****.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If entertainment sport upsets some of you that much, you should get another hobby. Reading some of the messages here you'd think you guys are all in the Hall of Fame when in fact the "worst" player in the NHL right now would skates circles around 95% of the posters here.

And 95% of NHLers couldn't do the job that most of the posters here have studied towards and where several have graduated with multiple degrees and/or high academic achievement from prestigious university institutions.

Hockey players are just individuals who perform a different job than we do -- it doesn't make them better or worse than any of us.

Get off your high horse. The role of Alan Walsh is already taken.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hate the animator and the DJ a ton of useless noise.
4 Michigan Hot Dogs 2 bags of chips and 2 draft $73.00
:laugh:
Enjoyed the game for the most part except for that useless point.
Was thinking if this continues the Cage may include a disclaimer with their wings offer.
5 goals and must win the game to qualify.

Thank God my buddy had gift cards for the food and beverage or I'd actually be crying.

Now, if your tickets were free and you didn't pay for parking, you would have had a champ evening. :sarcasm:

That animator is the guy we don't get to see while we're watching telecasts. Looks like there is a lowest common denominator competition going on between tart anthem singers, the animator and the DJ -- all of them specializing in "useless noise."

At least you enjoyed the game, there's that.

2fq20b.gif

Reactions: groovejuice

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Now, if your tickets were free and you didn't pay for parking, you would have had a champ evening. :sarcasm:

That animator is the guy we don't get to see while we're watching telecasts. Looks like there is a lowest common denominator competition going on between tart anthem singers, the animator and the DJ -- all of them specializing in "useless noise."

At least you enjoyed the game, there's that.

2fq20b.gif

Alzner would like to add some tasty condiments to that weiner :D

:pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle:

Can someone help him with the jar?

2rz8mci.jpg

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
And 95% of NHLers couldn't do the job that most of the posters here have studied towards and where several have graduated with multiple degrees and/or high academic achievement from prestigious university institutions.

Hockey players are just individuals who perform a different job than we do -- it doesn't make them better or worse than any of us.

Get off your high horse. The role of Alan Walsh is already taken.

lol. Hockey players, even 4th liners, in the NHL have attained the top 0.0001% of what they do. I guarantee you that the percentage of people with degrees in whatever job is much higher than that.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Price has been bad the last 2 years. Honestly he has been one of the worst number 1 in the league. And yes right now with all the goals we score we should have a better record than 8-5-3. I said it day 1 this contract was stupid but it is what it is.

But this should not give a pass to other vets struggling. The offense is red hot but it will likely settle down later this year. If Tatar finishes the year with 80 points and Gallagher scores 50 goals i'll eat my shoes. When the offense will settle down a bit this is where we will need a better defense good goalie or not.

Cause while Price was bad yesterday a good goalie not being extraordinary (and stealing the game) would have still given at least 3 goals which is not good enough to win on a regular basis. That defense is putrid and while Weber will help it will remains pretty bad. It will need to be solved one day or another. Honestly outside of Hasek there's not many goalies who would be able to sustain good performances for more than a year with that defense.

I still don't understand what Jordie Benn is doing on the ice. The guy can't skate. He can't pivot. He's out of position on a regular basis (even more than Subban ever was). He can't shoot the puck. He's not physical. He's as bad as Traverse was and Traverse was a DEL quality player. Karl Alzner is not really better either.

We should be trying our options. Kulak, Moravcik, Sklenicka, Lernout. Give all of them 20 game or so to see what they got. From my point of view there's no point icing Benn or Alzner. They had their chances and they failed. Should be the end of the story.

Reactions: strongcomp05

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Great game last night, that's what I want to see from a young team. Going all out scoring goals, love the fight they have in them. If Price was just average last night we win this game by 2-3 goals easy. As long as they are dynamic like this I don't mind these losses, they are trending in the right direction. Only worrisome thing is Price, hopefully he figures it out. If he doesn't get better we have no shot at playoffs and that might be good in the long run I guess because we will get a higher pick...so win win!

Reactions: overlords

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hockey players, even 4th liners, in the NHL have attained the top 0.0001% of what they do. I guarantee you that the percentage of people with degrees in whatever job is much higher than that.

Seriously, you're going to put puck pushers ahead of engineers, doctors, lawyers and other professionals whose contributions to society are far more important than pro hockey players? So what they're the best at what they do, they're just one source of entertainment amongst many -- I'll take the teacher who is not within the top class of his or her profession or your average surgeon over a hockey player any day of the week.

Regardless, the main point at issue is that the poster's argument is disingenuous to begin with. If we want to read Allan Walsh, we can find him on twitter.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I was at the game. I agree with the poster that said the animator sucked. But I didnt mind him much. The DJ was atrocious tho. Toddler-tier transitions between horrible pop songs. Made no difference than usual. I mean at least pay a good DJ who plays his stuff or good mixes. When you mix Kanye West followed by U2 followed by Pop Star #345773 it makes me want to rip my hair off.

At least the crowd around me was fun. It was my first time in the upper bowl and man are fans so pumped up there. And you actually see the ice very well, at least from where I sat. Better than some Red seats I've had. The seats are cheap so people have more money for booze. Some funny shouts were heard. Every time Kotkaniemi jumped on the ice some drunk guy a few sections to my right was yelling at the top of his lungs with a strong québécois accent : "JEEEEEEESSSPPPPPPPPPPPEEEERRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII". Another black Jamaican dude was shouting : "Let's go PK!" every 5 minutes lmao.

About the actual game.

-Ouellet was the worst player on ice. Got caught up ice so many times and Mete had to face 2 on 1s all night. Alzner looked like an all-star compared to him.
- On the same topic :Mete on the right side? Butwhy.gif
-Drouin was good defensively, back-checked and broke some plays. Strong game for him except 1 or 2 mistakes.
-Domi is our MVP.
- Danault, Gallagher and Tatar seemed a little bit out of tune but still competed hard and were somewhat dangerous.
Everybody crap on Petry but even when he has a meh game he's still covering all over the ice with his great skating. Fun to watch.
-Mittlestadt is going to be a stud. He's got hands of gold.
Dahlin is even better defensively than offensively imo, but still very raw. Eichel is sooooooo good and skates so effortlessly.

- Price was a deception. People didnt really boo him at the end, people just seemed sad and quiet. It was depressing. It's worse than boos imo. Like when my dad caught me smoking as a teen and he said he "wasn't angry, only disappointed". Ouch.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Ok, what amount of time do you think is reasonable before discussing the possibility that he's on a downward slope that he may not recover from?

It's been 60+ games ... Is it 2 full seasons of mediocre play? 3? 4?

Personally I don't care either way. Sharing what we see, projecting where we think things are trending, and discussing/debating with others to get their perspectives id pretty much the point of this place as far as I'm concerned.

It has not been 2 full seasons. In 2016-17 he has a .923 SV and 2.23 GAA with 37 wins. Last year his numbers were bad, but surprise the team sucked! This year he is struggling but he has only started 9 games. Nothing wrong with sharing what we see or projecting but this board is full of people who always see the world as crashing. Sorry, lots of drama queens on these boards.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It has not been 2 full seasons. In 2016-17 he has a .923 SV and 2.23 GAA with 37 wins. Last year his numbers were bad, but surprise the team sucked! This year he is struggling but he has only started 9 games. Nothing wrong with sharing what we see or projecting but this board is full of people who always see the world as crashing. Sorry, lots of drama queens on these boards.
A sub .900 SV% over 60 games is not defendable for a $10.5M goalie, no matter what. We pay him like the best goalie in the world and he just isn't. And he's not even really close.

We had a shitty team last year for Niemi and Lindgren who both posted better stats in the same time frame.

He's also started 12 games this year, not 9.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's not necessarily worrying. It might be confidence. I imagine that's more likely.

Mental obstacles are so personal and obscure that as outside observers, we can never really know their extent and nature -- especially not from a few seconds's worth of sound bytes. Whatever it is, he's acknowledging that it's on him and that it's in his head -- and you can usually change what you acknowledge, so he should be able to bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->