GDT: (emojidt): Canadiens @ Kings | 3/3/16 @ 10:30PM | RDS, RSNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's too early to pronounce judgment on Andrighetto. Half a season of NHL experience doesn't make him a finished product. Let him watch, play and develop; we'll have a better idea of what this kid can become next year.

Can people stop saying this?

Therrien will still be the coach and the same old song and dance will happen.

He's ****ed Galchenyuk over the same way his entire career, he's showing a pattern of what to do with Andrighetto. He won't change. It's the same ****.

The god damn "we'll play younger players more" is a ****ing farce. The only younger player he wants to play more is DLR and Danault because they're unimaginative, low-risk, system oriented players, who are safe.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Pacioretty, Gallagher and Plekanec lack a skillset? You have a very narrow view of what that is then. I feel all three of them probably have the talent of Ghetto but more easily translate it into the NHL. I like Ghetto, and I hope that he is only moved if we get a good top 6 forward, but he is definitely not unexpendible.

Pacioretty has speed (when he wants to), pretty great shot, and that's it. Very bad pokechecker, very bad passer (no vision at all and can't make a tape to tape pass to save his life). That's why I say no skillset.

Gallagher : forechecker, always first on puck, but can never beat a guy one on one. He is not a skilled player.

Plekanec : North south player, his passes are not the best, rarely sets up teammates for good chances. All 3 of them are throw the puck behind the net,throw the puck in front if the net, grind it out. I don't call that skills. I'm sorry lol.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal

He's ****ed Galchenyuk over the same way his entire career, he's showing a pattern of what to do with Andrighetto. He won't change. It's the same ****.

The god damn "we'll play younger players more" is a ****ing farce. The only younger player he wants to play more is DLR and Danault because they're unimaginative, low-risk, system oriented players, who are safe.

This x1000.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Pacioretty has speed (when he wants to), pretty great shot, and that's it. Very bad pokechecker, very bad passer (no vision at all and can't make a tape to tape pass to save his life). That's why I say no skillset.

Gallagher : forechecker, always first on puck, but can never beat a guy one on one. He is not a skilled player.

Plekanec : North south player, his passes are not the best, rarely sets up teammates for good chances. All 3 of them are throw the puck behind the net,throw the puck in front if the net, grind it out. I don't call that skills. I'm sorry lol.

Pacioretty's puck skills are very underrated on this board nowadays. He has very strong puck control. He is capable of making very good passes, although for some reason this hasn't happened as much this year. As a prospect he was commended for his strong puck skills until the one year in the AHL he decided to shoot the puck a ton. Even last year during Galchenyuk's stint at centre he showed a lot.

Plekanec has a similar thing going on. He definitely has skills, he just thinks the game as a north south player and therefore they are displayed in the same ways that more cerebral players show them.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Calm down, dude. I'm discussing Andrighetto's potential. No need to tie it into a worst-case doomsday prophecy, followed by End Of Days.

Yes, we all know Therrien limits youth. It's frustrating. I'm having the opinion notarized so we don't have to orbit the same point until our sun cools. Meanwhile, Beaulieu and Pateryn are working out, Galchenyuk's on fire, and Gallagher's a solid 1st-line player. Rookies develop. Don't overplay your hand.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Pacioretty's puck skills are very underrated on this board nowadays. He has very strong puck control. He is capable of making very good passes, although for some reason this hasn't happened as much this year. As a prospect he was commended for his strong puck skills until the one year in the AHL he decided to shoot the puck a ton. Even last year during Galchenyuk's stint at centre he showed a lot.

Plekanec has a similar thing going on. He definitely has skills, he just thinks the game as a north south player and therefore they are displayed in the same ways that more cerebral players show them.

You are probably right for Plekanec. I remember the days where he would do amazing saucer passes on 2on1s. Pacioretty, we were all surprised when he had his 2-3 games with galchenyuk, setting him up beautifully. But how many times has he done it? VERY rarely. Is it because he has no skills? Is it because Therrien's grinding system made them lose all creativity? It's possible. But they are not showing me skillset at all. Hence why I think Andrighetto has his place on this team.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
I'm glad brown is in. He needs to keep looch's focus away from mccarron. He's just 20 and I don't want his confidence to take a hit if he takes a pounding from lucic

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

VS Anaheim

DLR 11:17
Danault 11:30
Galchenyuk 17:19

In the past, he definitely had Galchenyuk playing low minutes, let's see what happens when DD is back, that'll be the true test of his word ;)

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Andrighetto is getting the same treatment he got last time he was called up. The fact is, the coach doesn't like him and he's a top 6 tweener. It is what it is. I feel for him, but he's just not good enough to force this coach's hand.

Therrien logic; grind>>>skill

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Potentially an amazing night of tanking ahead of us, almost a guaranteed loss in LA, and every 20-30 team except Columbus plays tonight.

incognito Burrito*

Ghetto hasn't been scoring, but he's done the little things without the puck. Threw bodychecks, blocked shots, hustled.

Can't ask much more.

Personally, I'd scratch Byron.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
It's as if MT writes his lineup sideways, where the 2nd line is all the centers.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

Word.

x10000

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Andrighetto has a future in Montreal I am convinced but LA requires more grit and Brown should be out there. Ghetto will get many more games this season

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MT finally sees Galchenyuk for what he is- the team's best and most used forward.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sievens.

Intentional mistake?

I believe I first saw it on the Oilers board and it was imported here thereafter. So, it was definitely intentional. ;)

And it has been used in prior GDTs, like so:

z4081.gif

yx7yx.gif

Sword

May 26, 2014
The Kings play physical, but they're not as dirty as the Ducks. Dustin Brown and Lucic are the only players on tonight's lineup who can play dirty at times, Nolan is injured. Habs better keep their heads up though, Muzzin hits like Emelin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So with Sievens in there, is this a tougher game for the Habs to stay in tight vs. what we saw against the Ducks?

Sword

May 26, 2014
So with Sievens in there, is this a tougher game for the Habs to stay in tight vs. what we saw against the Ducks?

Kings have been struggling to score more than 2 goals per game since losing Gaborik to injury, they also lost a couple of matches to backup goalies recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany