GDT: (emojidt): Canadiens @ Kings | 3/3/16 @ 10:30PM | RDS, RSNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Andrighetto is getting the same treatment he got last time he was called up. The fact is, the coach doesn't like him and he's a top 6 tweener. It is what it is. I feel for him, but he's just not good enough to force this coach's hand.

You have to be Galchenyuk good to force this coach's hand. And even then...

Mad Brills*

but if you're undeniably good at defense and at grinding, he will give you prime minutes.

Rispek da system, no JEU INDIVUALISK, grind deez guys,

giphy.gif

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
In regards to the Ghetto discussion, I've been thinking of how the roster will look next year. Assuming Desharnais is moved out and a top 6 forward comes in, you have Carr, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller, Ghetto, Danault, and the top 6 forward I mentioned. That's 9 right there, but you have to think that Hudon will make the team next year. I assume that means one of Ghetto or Carr are moved, and I assume it would be Ghetto.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Can someone name me a skilled player on this forward squad other than galchenyuk? I mean real skills, like Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Datsyuk, Kucherov, Palat, and all the others?

Your answer should be Sven Andrighetto. This guy has hands. He is skilled, he is always first on pucks, great pokechecker, throws more hits than the captain and has a great hockey sense.

I'm tired of hearing he's a top 6 tweener blabla. There's no more top 6 in this league, it's top 9. And he DEFINETLY deserves a spot in our top 9 REGULARLY (15min a game). This coach is so dumb, this management is letting it go. We are gonna ruin a rare skilled prospect in our system for what reason?

PS: Stop talking about being inconsistent, EVERY PLAYER in this league is inconsistent, especially when you are having a great 5 games with a line and then all of a sudden you're on the 4th line and then healthy scratched.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Can someone name me a skilled player on this forward squad other than galchenyuk? I mean real skills, like Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Datsyuk, Kucherov, Palat, and all the others?

Your answer should be Sven Andrighetto. This guy has hands. He is skilled, he is always first on pucks, great pokechecker, throws more hits than the captain and has a great hockey sense.

I'm tired of hearing he's a top 6 tweener blabla. There's no more top 6 in this league, it's top 9. And he DEFINETLY deserves a spot in our top 9 REGULARLY (15min a game). This coach is so dumb, this management is letting it go. We are gonna ruin a rare skilled prospect in our system for what reason?

PS: Stop talking about being inconsistent, EVERY PLAYER in this league is inconsistent, especially when you are having a great 5 games with a line and then all of a sudden you're on the 4th line and then healthy scratched.

Andrighetto had 30 games to prove something and he didn't do much. You can like him but I thought he was better last year with less ice time. Daniel Carr is a lot better than him but true, less 'skilled'.

I have no problem to scratch him for this game. Right now, he can't crack our top 9, so I prefer to play Mike Brown against L.A.

Last edited:

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Andrighetto went from the 2nd line down to the 4th line and now to the press box all in a span of less than a week.

Drop DLR from the lineup and insert Brown.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - McCarron
Byron - Danault - Andrighetto
Matteau - Mitchell - Brown

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
In regards to the Ghetto discussion, I've been thinking of how the roster will look next year. Assuming Desharnais is moved out and a top 6 forward comes in, you have Carr, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller, Ghetto, Danault, and the top 6 forward I mentioned. That's 9 right there, but you have to think that Hudon will make the team next year. I assume that means one of Ghetto or Carr are moved, and I assume it would be Ghetto.

Carr : Hardworker, no skillset
Gallagher : Hardworker, no skillset
Galchenyuk : Great skillset
Pacioretty : Shooter, no skillset
Plekanec : Hardworker, no skillset
Eller : Hardworker, no skillset
Ghetto : Very good skillset
Danault : Hardworker, no skillset

Hudon : We didn't see enough of him in the NHL

Why would we move Ghetto? I don't get it.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Andrighetto had 30 games to prove something and he didn't do much. You can like him but I thought he was better last year with less ice time. Daniel Carr is a lot better than him but true, less 'skilled'.

I have no problem to scratch him for this game. Right now, he can crack our top 9, so I prefer to play Mike Brown against L.A.

Give me one good reason why we dismentled the line of Galchenyuk - Eller - Andrighetto? SAme thing happened few years ago when we had the EGG line doing great. Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac was another promising line but go dismentled for no freaking reason by this genius coach. When their confidence is skyhigh, he knows how to shred it to pieces and then say they are inconsistant. You want to put Brown in the lineup? Sure, get Mitchell out of there...or De La Rose. Didn't he have a -4 night vs the Sharks? But it's double standard on this team.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

You see a very good skillset. I don't. I see a good player but small and that have some problemes playing against bigger players.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

I have no problem to scratch him for this game. Right now, he can crack our top 9, so I prefer to play Mike Brown against L.A.

Playing Mike Brown doesn't bring anything of value longterm. He's not gonna be here next year.

On the other hand, Andrighetto might be.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Playing Mike Brown doesn't bring anything of value longterm. He's not gonna be here next year.

On the other hand, Andrighetto might be.

True. But Andrighetto on the 4th line brings nothing.

We should continue trying Galchenyuk-McCarron-Eller, they played great yesterday. The only place where I could put Andrighetto is on the 3rd line but Therrien prefers Byron because of his speed.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

Pacioretty, Gallagher and Plekanec lack a skillset? You have a very narrow view of what that is then. I feel all three of them probably have the talent of Ghetto but more easily translate it into the NHL. I like Ghetto, and I hope that he is only moved if we get a good top 6 forward, but he is definitely not unexpendible.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
True. But Andrighetto on the 4th line brings nothing.

We should continue trying Galchenyuk-McCarron-Eller, they played great yesterday. The only place where I could put Andrighetto is on the 3rd line but Therrien prefers Byron because of his speed.

Not true, he can hit, forecheck, he's not bad defensively and he's fast. He's at least better than Brown, Flynn, Mitchell and Byron.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Matteau should've had a Hammer (marteau)

Dang, good point, Emelin couldve taken his bomb too, maybe I'll edit it when I get back home ;)

French not being my mother tongue it didn't come to mind, but should've since I speak Portuguese and hammer is martelo there.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's too early to pronounce judgment on Andrighetto. Half a season of NHL experience doesn't make him a finished product. Let him watch, play and develop; we'll have a better idea of what this kid can become next year.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes