GDT: Emergency GDT: Avs vs Kings (Game #78)

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That would be in the playoffs, and if they are worried more about that than winning that's fine. Otherwise, it would be next season, and Cogs might not even be playing after this year.
He's still playing at a very competitive level. So I bet Cogs comes back for one more year, unless he sustains the very serious injury. But that man's pretty God damn resilient, so I don't really see that happening

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Apparently they're going to target Cogs next game. What a bunch of weenies.

There is a good possibility the next game against the Kings will be the 1st round of the playoffs. LA is on a losing streak while Kraken are winning, they might just fall to wildcard and Avs might win the central. But do Kings even have any goons to go after people?

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
They played a pretty good 3rd period. Awful 1st and 2nd though.

Nuke was especially a beast in the 3rd. Won so many big puck battles. Georgiev was great but I suspect he wants that 3rd goal back.

My section had way more Avs fans then Kings fans which was pretty funny. We had a lot of Go Avs Go chants going that really annoyed a couple Kings fans in the area and they started getting pretty chirpy after Coglianos hit :laugh:
E heard that section chant a lot, and Im sure the players did too, great job !

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya it'd be awfully funny to see Kempe or Arvidsson trying to start anything in the playoffs.

Quick trip to the dressing room for stitches and concussion protocol is all they would get out of that.

Reactions: the_fan

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Make her sit through the whole trilogy. Lol
Quick poll: My friend just passed away and he was a big movie/comic book fan. Girlfriend hasn’t seen any of the Nolan Batman trilogy. I want her to see Dark Knight. Do I start with Batman Begins or can I start with Dark Knight to make sure she sees it? Thank you, sorry for the randomness.
You must start with Batman Begins. It's like, well, you have to.

• Love
Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
It’s fun watching the Kings broadcast highlights because they make it sound like Colorado had all the luck. Outside of the 1st goal they just capitalized way better.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The entire plot of Batman Begins hinges on nobody in a city with 8 million or more people heating any water to the point of vaporization in several weeks. Scarecrow's toxin is dumped into the water over a period of weeks and the plan is to heat the water supply all at once to release it. So nobody in Gotham bathed, cooked, did laundry, or washed dishes for weeks. Also the sun didn't evaporate any water.

None of the Nolan movies hold up to the most basic thought experiments from their premises. And most comic book movies don't, but the difference here is that Nolan is a self-serious hack who thinks he made complex and well layered stories and characters. But the problem is he's just as dumb and hollow as Zack Snyder (who is definitely dumb, make no mistake, but at least he knows how to direct a basic action sequence).

The best Batman movie remains Mask of the Phantasm by a country mile.

Reactions: Btas

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
The entire plot of Batman Begins hinges on nobody in a city with 8 million or more people heating any water to the point of vaporization in several weeks. Scarecrow's toxin is dumped into the water over a period of weeks and the plan is to heat the water supply all at once to release it. So nobody in Gotham bathed, cooked, did laundry, or washed dishes for weeks. Also the sun didn't evaporate any water.

None of the Nolan movies hold up to the most basic thought experiments from their premises. And most comic book movies don't, but the difference here is that Nolan is a self-serious hack who thinks he made complex and well layered stories and characters. But the problem is he's just as dumb and hollow as Zack Snyder (who is definitely dumb, make no mistake, but at least he knows how to direct a basic action sequence).

The best Batman movie remains Mask of the Phantasm by a country mile.
I appreciate your participation in this discussion. I never watched any of the animated series. The Killing Joke and Mask of the Phantasm were two examples of Batman lore that he loved, but I wasn't knowledgeable of.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
My take on this was he was pointing out how many Kings players were involved with cogs at the time. Basically pointing out there's no need for 4 players to attack one. That's why he neutered Kempe. Hockey code or something.
No that's 4 sticks Rants is going to break cross checking Kempe next game if the Kings try anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad