GDT: Emergency GDT: Avs vs Kings (Game #78)

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Quick poll: My friend just passed away and he was a big movie/comic book fan. Girlfriend hasn’t seen any of the Nolan Batman trilogy. I want her to see Dark Knight. Do I start with Batman Begins or can I start with Dark Knight to make sure she sees it? Thank you, sorry for the randomness.
In a pinch... Dark Knight.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Quick poll: My friend just passed away and he was a big movie/comic book fan. Girlfriend hasn’t seen any of the Nolan Batman trilogy. I want her to see Dark Knight. Do I start with Batman Begins or can I start with Dark Knight to make sure she sees it? Thank you, sorry for the randomness.

Batman Begins is probably my fav so you gotta start with that

• Love
Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They played a pretty good 3rd period. Awful 1st and 2nd though.

Nuke was especially a beast in the 3rd. Won so many big puck battles. Georgiev was great but I suspect he wants that 3rd goal back.

My section had way more Avs fans then Kings fans which was pretty funny. We had a lot of Go Avs Go chants going that really annoyed a couple Kings fans in the area and they started getting pretty chirpy after Coglianos hit :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They played a pretty good 3rd period. Awful 1st and 2nd though.

Nuke was especially a beast in the 3rd. Won so many big puck battles. Georgiev was great but I suspect he wants that 3rd goal back.

My section had way more Avs fans then Kings fans which was pretty funny. We had a lot of Go Avs Go chants going that really annoyed a couple Kings fans in the area and they started getting pretty chirpy after Coglianos hit :laugh:

That's a good night lol

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Shit, sorry for your loss bro.

I say start at the beginning. Without the buildup from Begins, Dark Knight’s impact isn’t as big.

Begins is awesome, I'm alone in that?
Nope, not alone. I like that movie.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
drama-bollywood.gif

Pictured: Kempe after taking that hit.

Guy got up pretty fast to try and fight for someone who just took a headshot.
Luckily Mikko took him out.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Top line, third line, and top pairing were baaaaaaad tonight. Thankfully the second and fourth lines showed up to produce.

Oh and Georgiev was pretty good.

Did not like that hit by Cogliano on Kempe near the end at all. Totally unnecessary.

But in the end they win a game I was skeptical of them winning even before I knew Byram would be out. Taking the W and onto Anaheim.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Shit, sorry for your loss bro.

I say start at the beginning. Without the buildup from Begins, Dark Knight’s impact isn’t as big.

Nope, not alone. I like that movie.

Has anything really went back and showed how he turned into what he was better? It was nice to see that part told. Of course they're going to tap into it. Those movies told the story in a more visceral semi believable way. They're part of a whole.

Reactions: Pokecheque

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
They’re both great. Everyone knows about TDK so it’s easier to sell to someone who isn’t into those kinds of movies. Guessing that she’s not if she hasn’t seen them already
TBF I had to show her The Godfather. She loves movies, but she has missed a lot.

Update: She is tired, so we will resume Batman tomorrow. I am now watching Smokey and the Bandit.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Didn't watch the 3rd minus the final minute because the ice conditions in L.A make hockey unbearable. Seriously, it's got to be the worst ice in the league. You can't do anything in that rink.

The Avs top guys have carried this team all season long so it's nice to see one game where the top guys are playing like absolute ass and the depth steps up to win the game for them (along with Georgiev).

That hit by Cogliano on Kempe is nothing. Talk about an extreme exaggeration by Kempe. Then fake tough guy Durzi coming in acting like he's about to clean house. Glad Mikko threw Kempe to the ice. Wish Girard beat the f*** out of Arvidsson, too.

The Kings like to be all over you but if you play them physically they get real mad, real fast. Look no further than Girard hitting Arvidsson and Arvidsson snapping and punching him in the head - which conveniently did not get called.

Oh, and if anyone thinks this Kings team is going anywhere in the playoffs give your head a shake. F***ing Korpisucko and Lolpley as their goalies? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's an auto 1st round loss.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Let's hope the Avs top guys are well rested after not playing at all tonight and the hangover has worn off so they can beat the piss out of Anaheim tomorrow night.

Ducks are 0-9-1 in their last 10 games. The Avs cannot lose tomorrow night idgaf if they're missing Bo again on top of the other 5 regular skaters.

Francouz better not shit the bed.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Let's hope the Avs top guys are well rested after not playing at all tonight and the hangover has worn off so they can beat the piss out of Anaheim tomorrow night.

Ducks are 0-9-1 in their last 10 games. The Avs cannot lose tomorrow night idgaf if they're missing Bo again on top of the other 5 regular skaters.

Francouz better not shit the bed.
Hasn't played in a couple months? What could go wrong.

Apparently they're going to target Cogs next game. What a bunch of weenies.

That would be in the playoffs, and if they are worried more about that than winning that's fine. Otherwise, it would be next season, and Cogs might not even be playing after this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad