Rumor: Elliotte Friedman says Radulov is interested in NHL (COL, DET, WASH & FL favored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
if wings are acquiring radulov, the benefit has to outweigh the harm. However, there are some core principles you dont mess around with unless you are really overhauling the team from top to bottom. So it is not an easy situation.

Btw does radulov even want to come here to begin with? From what i've read, he's going to colorado.

Take this FWIW

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
how can any true Red Wing fan even think for a second that Radulov would be a good fit or even better, the right fit, here in detroit?

his character is not what this team has stood for and i hope never does

we're a steve yzerman type of man only

sorry radulov, feel free to run away from another team

Speak for yourself. I like more grit and emotion in my players than Yzerman and Zetterberg.

I'm not saying Radulov is my cup of tea, but at least he shows some passion and character... something this team SORELY lacks. It's been lacking since Shanahan, McCarty, Chelios, Draper, Maltby, Hasek stopped playing for us. We also had a Drake and Downey thrown in there for character in the two cup run years. Give me some passion!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Datsyuk must be the mastermind behind all this. He is leaving, so being the good guy that he is, orchestrated Radulov's return to the NHL. They played together during the lockout for CSKA Moscow, this is Datsyuk's way of thanking the organization, by luring in Radulov.

For those of you saying that you pass on Radulov, name me one player on our roster that has more natural talent than Radulov. We have nothing left, we have a stud 19 year old, and a bunch of inconsistent scorers, that's it. Radulov instantly becomes our most talented forward if we can add him.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Datsyuk must be the mastermind behind all this. He is leaving, so being the good guy that he is, orchestrated Radulov's return to the NHL. They played together during the lockout for CSKA Moscow, this is Datsyuk's way of thanking the organization, by luring in Radulov.

For those of you saying that you pass on Radulov, name me one player on our roster that has more natural talent than Radulov. We have nothing left, we have a stud 19 year old, and a bunch of inconsistent scorers, that's it. Radulov instantly becomes our most talented forward if we can add him.

This isn't meant as a knock on Pavel, but I don't get the sense that he masterminds a lot of things behind the scenes. He strikes me as a guy who keeps to himself and doesn't get into other players' business.

I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
This isn't meant as a knock on Pavel, but I don't get the sense that he masterminds a lot of things behind the scenes. He strikes me as a guy who keeps to himself and doesn't get into other players' business.

I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

We all know there's only one mastermind player who pulls the strings. He's a Don... :sarcasm:

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA

Yep, yep, and yep.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
If Wings are acquiring Radulov, the benefit has to outweigh the harm. However, there are some core principles you dont mess around with unless you are really overhauling the team from top to bottom. So it is not an easy situation.

btw does Radulov even want to come here to begin with? From what I've read, he's going to Colorado.

Rad's agent said he was interested in Detroit, not the other way around

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC Apr 25
3) but there are others sniffing around. Word is he also is interested in the likes of DET, FLA & WASH. Hard to glean their interest...

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
There's Florida. They don't want him tho I think

Colorado probably won't make the playoffs again. They need dfence

Washington. But I don't think they want him

Detroit probably makes the playoffs. But then get knocked out again easily

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Speak for yourself. I like more grit and emotion in my players than Yzerman and Zetterberg.

Z I can kind of understand on the emotion side... but what the ****? Yzerman has all kinds of video evidence of him being a rah rah kinda guy. His double OT goal against the Blues for one.

Seriously, I don't get that complaint or comparison at all.

And frankly, I don't care how "gritty" a player is if he's the kind of player and leader than Steve Yzerman was.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I just don't see it. Wings wanted nothing to do with Semin and he was more talented.

He was also noted to have much bigger issues with motivation and those kinds of intangibles. Radulov has his question marks too, of course, but his are behavioral off the ice, not lackadaisical play on the ice.

So, just because they didn't want Semin means nothing about them wanting/not wanting Radulov.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Is Semin even more skilled than Radulov? I know its the KHL, but he is the KHL Sidney Crosby. He has been well over a PPG player in the KHL for 8 years now. His KHL numbers are significantly better than Kovalchuk's. Yes, Kovalchuk is a bit older, but still.

It is absolutely a gamble if we sign him, but in my opinion it is a gamble that is needed for the organization. Especially considering Holland just said last week that he thinks changes need to be made. Well, here is your chance Holland.

Also, to those saying they would only pay him 4 million per season, thats not gonna happen. He is gonna demand 5 minimum, and is worth more. Look him up, he has torched the KHL for 8 years in a row. I'd be careful with a longterm deal, but if I am Ken Holland, I easily dish out a 2 year 11 million dollar contract if that what it takes to get him. I'd even be willing to go as high as a 2 year 12 million.

We need to add a player with some energy, and he certainly brings it. He scores goals, we don't score enough goals. I'd pencil him in for 30 goals and 60 points next year if we can add him. Holland needs to do this....

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I just don't see it. Wings wanted nothing to do with Semin and he was more talented.

Radulov has never really had on-ice question marks though. He always competes. Every time I watch him in international tournaments, he is a factor. Also, I paid very close attention to him in the most recent lockout, as he was Datsyuk's linemate, and he delivered there too.

Off the ice its no secret there were question marks, and sure enough he went to the KHL. But he has publicly said he wants back in the NHL. If he wants to be in Detroit, it seems like a perfect fit, and it will be a wasted opportunity if we don't take advantage of this. This past season was my least enjoyable season as a Wings fan. Far too many uneventful 3-1 games. Radulv brings excitement.

Imagine a first line of Larkin-Stamkos-Radulov. Highly unlikely we can somehow get both of them, but one can only dream.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I mean, if the miracle of Radulov and Stamkos happens, suddenly things don't look so bad. That's a lot of scoring added all at once. That would require a lot of creative cap negotiation from Holland, though.

The part about Radulov wanting a contender, though... I think we can safely assume we're out of that horse race.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
If we Add radulov and trade one of goose/Tatar for a Dman, we are a better team.... Simple as that... I think spending 10 million on Rads and Okposo goes further then 10.5 on Stamkos, but neither fill the role of now one of our biggest weaknesses, Center depth and a true 1 C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad