Rumor: Elliotte Friedman says Radulov is interested in NHL (COL, DET, WASH & FL favored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
Presumably they'd check around to see if Z or any of the other important guys had a problem with it.

Since I expect them to be lousy next year, I'd do this just for the entertainment factor.

Will have to check with Swedish Mafia first, presumably.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He's a first liner. Could replace the production of datsyuk. Larkin could almost handle the defensive responsibilities like he could. ??? - Larkin - Radulov

The guy is a total asshat though

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
He's a first liner. Could replace the production of datsyuk. Larkin could almost handle the defensive responsibilities like he could. ??? - Larkin - Radulov

The guy is a total asshat though

asshat who creates locker room problems.

If you want to Tank... just sign Radulov and give him the C!!! (team will go right in the ****ter)

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Radulov is/was better than Panarin the KHL. That's all you need to know. And he is a physical presence everyone here wants.

He is a peculiar guy though. Sometimes he does those things that makes you scratch your head like failing to report to national team and failing to call anyone to say that he doesn't want play in WC. You just have to cope with it, his on-ice contributions far outweigh his inability to handle things properly.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Radulov is/was better than Panarin the KHL. That's all you need to know. And he is a physical presence everyone here wants.

He is a peculiar guy though. Sometimes he does those things that makes you scratch your head like failing to report to national team and failing to call anyone to say that he doesn't want play in WC. You just have to cope with it, his on-ice contributions far outweigh his inability to handle things properly.

Alright I'm sold. Let's do it.

I take it you follow the KHL? If so, what did he look like this season?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
As long as the money is right but Holland needs to focus on D. Until then nothing else matters

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Like others have said, he was better than Panarin when both were in the khl.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Well because we clearly are not rebuilding.. You would be crazy to not want Radulov. His talent is off the chart so given our situation I easily take the chance on him (unless he wants massive term). Even then whats the risk as he is under 35 and likely flees to KHL again if he began struggling in the NHL or had issues with Detroit.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Since what I'm going to say is irrelevant since he'll probably sign with COL, I would have a bad feeling about him here based on past reputation.

If he's cleaned up his act, maybe. Though I'd rather Holland sign Stamkos and maybe Okposo. Would be interesting if Pavel chooses to stay if he can get a fellow countryman with him.

I mean his skill if off of the charts, but Stammer is younger and better suited for us at this point.

Last edited:

Christien

May 1, 2010
Radulov is an NHL talent who would be great for the league/whoever signs him. Really fun player to watch. I feel like all that bad character/bad team player stuff is all talk. If I was the DRW id be willing to take a chance on him. Kinda feel like he'll just end up in Washington anyway.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Radulov is an NHL talent who would be great for the league/whoever signs him. Really fun player to watch. I feel like all that bad character/bad team player stuff is all talk. If I was the DRW id be willing to take a chance on him. Kinda feel like he'll just end up in Washington anyway.

Doubt that he ends up in Washington when Friedman just tweeted and said that Washington and Colorado are no longer options for Radulov.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So us and Florida?

Yeah i bet holland signs him. Don't know if Florida has the cap or would want him

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Losers can't be choosers. Any upgrade over our inept offense is welcome.

I don't even care if he's an upgrade. Anything interesting would be good by me. Does he feel like whacking Fersch with his stick? Secretly wearing a GoPro in his helmet during games? I'm in. Anything is better than watching the usual suspects play low event boring ass hockey.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The more I think about this, the more I think it's a great idea. Get a guy like Radulov, give Larkin a bigger role, promote AA, keep Abby in the top six, lose one of Tatar/Nyquist, promote Bertuzzi the year after next...all of a sudden the Wings are a brand again. Fast, nasty, bigger. Even if they aren't a contender, they're exciting. They're a draw for a new building...I could dig that hype.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The more I think about this, the more I think it's a great idea. Get a guy like Radulov, give Larkin a bigger role, promote AA, keep Abby in the top six, lose one of Tatar/Nyquist, promote Bertuzzi the year after next...all of a sudden the Wings are a brand again. Fast, nasty, bigger. Even if they aren't a contender, they're exciting. They're a draw for a new building...I could dig that hype.

As long as he doesn't create issues I would get behind it certainly.

We don't know what happens behind closed doors so

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Since what I'm going to say is irrelevant since he'll probably sign with COL, I would have a bad feeling about him here based on past reputation.

If he's cleaned up his act, maybe. Though I'd rather Holland sign Stamkos and maybe Okposo. Would be interesting if Pavel chooses to stay if he can get a fellow countryman with him.

I mean his skill if off of the charts, but Stammer is younger and better suited for us at this point.

If Radulov falls into their lap, hopefully that spurs Holland to go out and get Stamkos also.

Not sure if that would work cap wise but if you move Nyquist for futures, you've basically created the cap for Radulov.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Let's say by some miracle we end up with Radu love and stamkos.

We still get bounced in the first round due to our defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad