Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
You wouldn't know he is a rookie if you just watch him play. He plays every situation, is trusted to defend the lead in the end over Klingberg and yesterday he led Dallas defensemen on ice time.

He probably doesn't get much hype, but it is rare to see rookie defenseman being trusted with such a huge minutes. His point totals doesn't tell the truth how great he has been.

Last edited:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
It's funny how there's no hype around him. Everyone stat watching the points.

Besides, his 2+2=4 in 13GP (average TOI 21:53) isn't exactly that bad point score for 19 yo rookie D-man. He is also offensive threat, already proven able to provide some secondary scoring.

Good vibes about him. :)

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
It's funny how there's no hype around him. Everyone stat watching the points.
After Finns and Stars fans flooded the Dahlin prospect thread to inform everyone there that Dahlin busted after not being PPG in the first 5-6 games of his career, Heiskanen must certainly be a bust too having a mere 4 points in 13 games. No reason to hype busts, my man.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
After Finns and Stars fans flooded the Dahlin prospect thread to inform everyone there that Dahlin busted after not being PPG in the first 5-6 games of his career, Heiskanen must certainly be a bust too having a mere 4 points in 13 games. No reason to hype busts, my man.
This.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
You wouldn't know he is a rookie if just watch him play. He plays every situation, is trusted to defend the lead in the end over Klingberg and yesterday he lead Dallas defensemen on ice time.

He probably doesn't get much hype, but it is rare to see rookie defenseman being trusted such a huge minutes. His point totals doesn't tell the truth how great he has been.

Him and Cholowski are my favorite defensemen in the league to watch. So rare to see two rookie D-Men play so strongly from day 1. Both will be calder candidates if Petterson gets hurt or cools off.

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
I wont ever get how pple rate players/hate playery depending on how fans of this certain player act. Just talk hockey and stick to topics, ignore pple how just troll around and enjoy the beauty we have so many amazing tslented players in this league. Whatever country they are from or team they playfor. If u cannot, go back to kindergarten and stay away from boards.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Over Klingberg? Is that supposed to be some great accomplishment?

Context, mate.

Klingberg's defensive game improved under Hitchcock's tenure. I've seen him play the PK this year, which almost never happened under Ruff. Yes, Klinger's not the best D man in the league, but he is the Stars' 1D. With Methot and John's out, the defensemen upon whom to rely to shut down during the last minutes is rather thin so your options will be your top pairing which is Lindell and Klingberg; not Honka, Polak, or Carrick (who is injured) or Heatherington. If Heiskanen can be relied upon to replace one of those two individuals 13 games into his NHL career, that's some level of accomplishment...period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad