Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kling Bling Bling is a star player offensively.

Phil Housley was also a star player, y'know. (Not saying Bling Bling is Housley bad defensively though)

We are just over 10 games into the season, it takes some kind of special for the coach to start giving the rookie minutes over the star player, and yes I know how Klingberg plays.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I wont ever get how pple rate players/hate playery depending on how fans of this certain player act. Just talk hockey and stick to topics, ignore pple how just troll around and enjoy the beauty we have so many amazing tslented players in this league. Whatever country they are from or team they playfor. If u cannot, go back to kindergarten and stay away from boards.

Why would I enjoy talented players that play for teams I dont like or are from countries I dont like? (Not saying Heiskanen qualifies for either)

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
He sure impressed the hell out of me in Stars-Caps game.

It's rare for me to be that impressed by purely defensive play but players just can't cut from the outside in on this guy. There are so many amazing young players in the league right now that he might get lost in the crowd, ala Pastrnak. We are really spoiled.

Reactions: Kcb12345

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I'll say this, Heiskanen had perhaps the most impressive first shift of a career I ever saw by a Finnish player in the NHL.
I saw a replay of that shift since it was all over the hockey media. It was impressive to say the least.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
my favourite prospect. i'm no finn, i'm definitely not a stars fan. i just rispek elite talent and he's one of those. give the kid pp1 please.

Reactions: tellermine

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
my favourite prospect. i'm no finn, i'm definitely not a stars fan. i just rispek elite talent and he's one of those. give the kid pp1 please.

He's on the first PP unit right now because of Radulov's injury. He has been good but that first unit can get nothing done at all since Seguin and Benn began their droughts and they rarely get possession/control of the puck long enough to actually set up. If they do set up all they do is pass the puck around until it gets taken away and cleared

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's on the first PP unit right now because of Radulov's injury. He has been good but that first unit can get nothing done at all since Seguin and Benn began their droughts and they rarely get possession/control of the puck long enough to actually set up. If they do set up all they do is pass the puck around until it gets taken away and cleared

I don't think he's been particularly good on the PP . He's been defering too much even when he has time and space to try and make something happen for my taste . Its probably intimitading as a 19 year old with just 13 NHL games under his belt playing with veteran scorers like that but sometimes the pass isn't the answer especially when the opponents give you space and covers the guys you want to pass to.

Would love to see him be a bit less conservative when he has the options to do so.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't think he's been particularly good on the PP . He's been defering too much even when he has time and space to try and make something happen for my taste . Its probably intimitading as a 19 year old with just 13 NHL games under his belt playing with veteran scorers like that but sometimes the pass isn't the answer especially when the opponents give you space and covers the guys you want to pass to.

Would love to see him be a bit less conservative when he has the options to do so.

I haven't seen him get really any time or space, but I get what you mean. He is kinda the middle man between Klingberg and Seguin lol. Annoys me how close Seguin stands to him but Monty (or whoever the PP coach is) may set it up that way because he is a rookie. He could always throw the puck on net a little more but he is way out at the blue line and it would be easily blocked cause his shot isn't that hard. Right now he needs to keep it simple like he is doing. Also doesn't help that he plays on a PP where no one outside of Seguin shoots the puck lol all they do is pass

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Elite? Not yet at least. However, Heiskanen will an absolute beast going forward. Good thing that the Stars got lucky in the draft lottery because they can't draft at all under the Nill era.
Well I wanted to make a point about his defensive play, thats why I used the word "elite" in my title.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Nope he is still underrated. His defensive play is at another level than a lot of veterans already. As a 19 year old...you can't overrate that
There are just WAAAYYY too many examples of HF jumping the gun on young D. I'll wait it out, thanks.

Reactions: Lowlife

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Heiskanen and Cholowski are 2 extremely impressive dmen this season. So underrated and not talked about nearly enough. These 2 are stars

Cholowski has impressed me a lot this year, really smart player for someone his age and chips in offensively too. Heiskanen is a clear tier above him though for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad