Player Discussion Elias Viktor Zebulon Lindholm

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Zebulon? It's a shame we already did a Futurama theme because Lindholm is asking to be Zoidberg.

Robot mecha theme then? ;)

I think part of Lindholm's situation in Carolina was being shifted around on a team that didn't feel like it was going anywhere. Why bother being physical? Why bust your balls for the coach?

Coming to Calgary, I could imagine things change for him.

1. Peters grills the other guys at first, allowing Lindholm more freedom as he knows Peter's system.
2. Favorable match up and not being in as much spotlight vs being a jump starter in Carolina
3. Mentor ship in guys hes looked up to. A guy like Backlund whom he has interacted with before is huge. There's more spotlight in Calgary, but more vets to shield him than Carolina IMO.
4. IMO, I could see Lindholm on Backlunds line vs Frolik. IMO, Frolik is the odd man out. IMO even possibly over Brouwer. I'm not sure about playing centre stuff though... Not sure how that fits yet.

JG - Mony - Tkachuk
Bennett - Backlund - Lindholm

Possible?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm putting it here first. Elias Lindholm will be an X factor for Calgary this year. He'll have a huge year.

So you hand him a Mike and expect this from Simon Cowell?

giphy.gif

Frolik or Backlund as line mates confirmed.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Someone posted an extensive AC style highlight video of Lindholm this year. A chance to see how he plays as well as a glimpse at Peter's system, I guess.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm only a fe highlight in, but if these are all going to be his goals, we won't get a true representation of his game as he is much more of a playmaker and defensive player than goal scorer

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Funny coincidence - I was going through my YouTube favourites the other day and I had a bunch of Lindholm highlight packages saved from Spring 2013, I really thought we were gonna pick him at #6

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm only a fe highlight in, but if these are all going to be his goals, we won't get a true representation of his game as he is much more of a playmaker and defensive player than goal scorer
That's fine, Gaudreau and Monahan can score the goals. Hell, even the defenseman can. Lindholm knows how to screen the goalie and have that fine tip-in here and there.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Looks like he's pretty good in front of the net, hope he ends up there on our PP rather than Brouwer

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Backlund's already putting up Lindholm's numbers with much tougher minutes.

Put him on the first line under the more freewheeling system Peters promises and he'd be putting up 75 like Hudler did

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I do wonder if he plays centre now. I still think he’s in the running for 1RW, but if that doesn’t work out, I would hope Peters considers using him at C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad