Player Discussion Elias Viktor Zebulon Lindholm

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It could if Ferly goes to free agency and signs with another team next year. And if Fox does not want to go to Raleigh, Carolina would be left with Dougie who I don't think is as good as everyone thinks he is. He's a good D-man and has the potential to be great, I just don't think its in his DNA. In the end he'll be another Bouwmeester.

This is such a stupid GM move if it happens. I've stated before that what Pittsburgh paid for Reeves, Ferland should be able to match or exceed. Ferland would be a scary guy to play beside a guy like Crosby. I'd imagine Ferland could build the chemistry he had with Kunitz/Crosby, but more.

IMO, Ferland SHOULD be traded at the TDL irregardless of what is going on in Carolina. Whether he goes back to Carolina in the end is a different story, but Ferland should garner top dollar at the TDL if healthy due to his cap hit and abilities. He'd easily be an excellent player choice to help a team get over a hump due to his flexibility and I think he'd flourish in a middle 6 role with a team with ridiculous depth.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This is such a stupid GM move if it happens. I've stated before that what Pittsburgh paid for Reeves, Ferland should be able to match or exceed. Ferland would be a scary guy to play beside a guy like Crosby. I'd imagine Ferland could build the chemistry he had with Kunitz/Crosby, but more.

IMO, Ferland SHOULD be traded at the TDL irregardless of what is going on in Carolina. Whether he goes back to Carolina in the end is a different story, but Ferland should garner top dollar at the TDL if healthy due to his cap hit and abilities. He'd easily be an excellent player choice to help a team get over a hump due to his flexibility and I think he'd flourish in a middle 6 role with a team with ridiculous depth.

Hmm this Ferland guy sounds exactly like the kind of player we could use...

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hmm this Ferland guy sounds exactly like the kind of player we could use...

I think many of us would agree that Ferly as of now is an excellent piece to have. However with his inconsistencies, what he will end up demanding contract wise in FA (rightfully so) would not fit with our salary landscape long term.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Carolina will hang on to Ferland. They need goalscorers and I doubt they wanna keep this eternal rebuild of theirs going

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Carolina will hang on to Ferland. They need goalscorers and I doubt they wanna keep this eternal rebuild of theirs going

That's fair and IMO, they should extend Ferland before FA. I doubt either Ferly or Hamilton leave Carolina any time soon, but you never know... but it's also the GM's job to know.

But my point still stands that it would be GM stupidity of the highest order if they lose Ferly for nothing. So in the same vein, if they realize Fox isn't signing, they should figure out the finalists and at least grab a late round pick (which they have done well on anyways) for early access to Fox for negotiation purposes.

A GM left with nothing in the end and thus losing this win/win trade would be so Antoine Dodson dumb.

giphy.gif

(*If Waddell loses value in Ferly and Fox and Hamilton for nothing, it would be dumb)

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lindholm 4.9M for 6yrs is a steal

Nylander got 6.9M and I wouldnt trade Lindholm for him straight up. Lindholm is much more complete.

Ferland may even get 4-5M LOL

Grand theft by BT

Reactions: Nanuuk

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Neal is like a 4 leaf clover right now, possibly not much value, but you don't screw with the possibility of wingardium levi'Hossa magic.

Fig is just on another level. He’s sipping his Cabernet Sauvignon out of crystal glass, while the rest of us lick our moonshine from old cans of beans.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Apparently Ferland is likely to be available. A 2nd or something equivalent to thay should be the price.

I think Czarnik and Mangiapagne could get it done.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If this trade happens, Treliving will have cemented himself as a 4D chess master and a top 5 GM

I honestly feel bad for the Canes, they all know now how bad they lost that trade and it’s likely to onlyget worse.

Ferland’s camp is rumoured to be “asking” for 5 million per on probably a 4 or 5 year deal. Now that’s just a starting point, but if they don’t want to pay Lindholm 5+, they aren’t gonna play a lesser player in Ferland that. I think Ferly signs for something like a 4 x 4.

Fox is unlikely to sign. And unless they deal Faulk or Dougie, why would he sign there?

And lastly they are left with getting a dman back that hasn’t lived up close to what they thought they were getting. In saying that, Dougie is streaky and I have no doubts that he will start producing at some point. But he’s not known for defensive play, he takes bad penalties so if he’s not scoring, he’s an average 2nd pairing dman. In which they traded a likely 70-80pt forward and a dman that has tremendous upside and could end up being a top pairing defender.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I knew Lindholm would be good playing with the likes of Johnny, Mony, and Chucky... but I didn't know he'd be this good. I would have been very happy getting a 65 pt season out of him. At his current scoring rate he'll get there by his 57th game. Currently on pace for a 94 point season in 82 games. Thats more than double his best previous season. The Canes definitely got the short end of the stick on that trade.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just curious if Ferland does come back, what do the lines look like? Because there's no way we're breaking up the top line at this rate.
I think you would be looking at something along the lines of:

13-23-28
19-11-79
93-77-18
21-10-67

Those bottom three right wingers all pretty well interchangeable, and Hathaway potentially making room for a young LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->