Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Happy to se EP heating up, hoped he would turn the intensity and involvement up. Keep your head up :)

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Us fans keep saying Hughes is the best player on the Canucks to a point where Pettersson got severely underrated then BAM BAM.

It's clear Pettersson is the face of this franchise, he put the team on his back tonight.

Reactions: Tony Stacks

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Now add that Pettersson was taught how to play center when he joined the Canucks, he was a winger before. To me, with his size, that sounds absolutely crazy. The way Pettersson has handled it is absolutely crazy. He was drafted for his scouted ability to make his linemates better and be a game changer, but the Canucks needed that package at center. So they asked him if he could play center? No problem, apparently.

I know, I should stop raving, but come on, as a hockey fan, he's the most interesting player to watch right now.

Last edited:

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
He’s been much better at faceoffs. Glad to see that part of his game improving and he’s got the best in the business helping him out.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
That was probably the best game I've ever seen him play. Petey's looking a lot different from the Petey we watched in the regular season and is learning to fight through the checking and extra attention he's getting.

Reactions: supercanuck

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He’s been much better at faceoffs. Glad to see that part of his game improving and he’s got the best in the business helping him out.
Yes, having Miller teaching him how to win faceoffs is obviously huge for his development as a center, while Pettersson can certainly give a few pointers back as how to shoot a puck. Teaching Miller - or any other teammate - the magic stuff might be a bit more difficult.
That was probably the best game I've ever seen him play. Petey's looking a lot different from the Petey we watched in the regular season and is learning to fight through the checking and extra attention he's getting.
He did the same in the SHL. When his team entered the playoffs, he just dominated for the most part.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Yes, having Miller teaching him how to win faceoffs is obviously huge for his development as a center, while Pettersson can certainly give a few pointers back as how to shoot a puck. Teaching Miller - or any other teammate - the magic stuff might be a bit more difficult.

He did the same in SHL. When his team entered the playoffs, he just dominated even more.

I was referring to Malhotra but I’m sure Miller has helped too.

Reactions: I am toxic

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
In his first playoffs Petey has just broken into top 10 single-season runs in Canucks history. What an unbelievably promising start to his career:

bRRKYOR.jpeg

Reactions: ugghhh

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Crazy how much his game has improved the past 5 games or so. Felt he had plateaued a bit since midway through his rookie season. Still productive and a good player, but not really taking games over like he had the first half of his rookie season.

But wow! Wasn't a lightswitch that went on, but a gawd damn bomb. Unbelievable how much his 200 foot game improved over the break. Not sure this kid has a ceiling tbh.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Where is that person that said Pettersson was never the same after Kotkaniemi hit him? :laugh:

You know he's good when Oilers fans are starting to say he is just a slightly lower tier than McDavid.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Us fans keep saying Hughes is the best player on the Canucks to a point where Pettersson got severely underrated then BAM BAM.

It's clear Pettersson is the face of this franchise, he put the team on his back tonight.

He is the player we knew he could be in these playoffs! It is exciting. He is only 21.

Reactions: F A N

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
In his first playoffs Petey has just broken into top 10 single-season runs in Canucks history. What an unbelievably promising start to his career:

bRRKYOR.jpeg

I know +/- is not a very useful stat, but I'm still kind of surprised that Hank and Daniel were -11 and -9 during that run.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes have a chance to the best Canucks in team history....yes, better than Bure, the Sedins, Naslund or Linden.

They've broken into the NHL in an era where the competition is far higher than it was in the years of the aforementioned Canuck icons. And they're doing something to impact the game every night, despite being barely out of their teens.

I think the rest of the hockey world is starting to wake up and realize just how special these players are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad