Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
And it's not like I'm not massively excited for him - genuinely believe EP is having one of the best European post-draft seasons ever, and has the potential to be a first-line calibre player.

But damn, there's one, maybe two, generational guys every 10 years. They have to be good enough, at the very least, to be the face of the league for an extended period of their prime. And even then, there's a few players I would put in the "face-of-the-league" whom I wouldn't consider generational.

The clue is in the name. They are the kind of players who generally come along once a generation, although sometimes they are clumped obviously.

And I agree. He was the guy I wanted to pick and he is exceeding expectations by a fair bit. But years of experience have taught me to temper my enthusiasm when guys are playing in juniors or in Europe. It's not the same game.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Vaxjo to the PP. Pettersson time!

Edit - 5 on 3 now. Vaxjo score, but no pts for Elias -> 5 on 4.

Vaxjo score twice on the PP. Nothing for Pettersson.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
They converted! But did he pick up an assist on the play? Would have been worth a quaternary assist. Oh well.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Don't read the main boards. Some of our more excitable posters are on full generational watch over there.
Calm down,

People are just excited, using the "g" word like myself and others posted are basically tongue and cheek, nobody knows how good this guy is gonna be, but we know that he seems to be elite as f*** and could potentially be a superstar #1 center in this league.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad