Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
not sure if y'all are rattling on missed Pettersson's assist on the nylander pp goal at 5:20 into the 3rd
i reckon that was Dahlin's shot not Pettersson. error on pbp guy unless there was another nylander goal

Does anybody have the replay of the entire sequence? I thought at the time that Pettersson had assisted, but the replay on TSN only shows the Nylander shot.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
no

stop

stop rn
Let’s find new way to doubt Petersson
Because everything he has done this season so far is still not enough to convince ppl that he’s going to be a great player.
Jesus ppl....even a Prime Crosby can have off games here and there, especially when iy was reported that he caught a cold
I think it's because people are still questioning his ability to 100% translate 5v5 on NA ice (and rightfully so), also because Canucks prospects panning out perfectly isn't usually a thing with this franchise. Wether the doubt is warranted or not after a single game where he apparently had a cold is kind of up for debate I'd say

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
no

stop

stop rn

I think it's because people are still questioning his ability to 100% translate 5v5 on NA ice (and rightfully so), also because Canucks prospects panning out perfectly isn't usually a thing with this franchise. Wether the doubt is warranted or not after a single game where he apparently had a cold is kid of up for debate I'd say
I’m just curious to see what will be the new doubt after he goes PPG in this year’s tournament.
Why can’t ppl just enjoying having a blue chip prospect

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
I’m just curious to see what will be the new doubt after he goes PPG in this year’s tournament.
Why can’t ppl just enjoying having a blue chip prospect
I mean yeah sure, but dismissing any faults he may show just for the sake of keeping up a hype train can lead to some sort of disillusionment later on.

with the team being in the state it's in and our history with prospects I don't blame anyone for being cautiously optimistic honestly

with all that said, I'm still very much excited to see him playing in the NHL next year.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Being objective, I thought Pettersson was impressive on the power play when he had lots of room. Not as impressive today 5 on 5.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Being objective, I thought Pettersson was impressive on the power play when he had lots of room. Not as impressive today 5 on 5.

I wonder if they track ice time somewhere. I didn't think he got a ton of 5v5 ice time. But that's going on memory of a first viewing.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

It was a very tight checking game 5 on 5, not much happened almost all the chances in this game came from the PP, sweden was also on its heels in the 2nd getting outplayed and in penalty trouble, have to make it count on the powerplay in these tournaments, we are even seeing in the usa game right now where its 1-1 vs Slovakia, not much time and space 5 on 5 in these short tournaments, players go full steam over the week and a half.

Last edited:

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
It was a very tight checking game 5 on 5, not much happened almost all the chances in this game came from the PP, sweden was also on its heels in the 2nd getting outplayed and in penalty trouble, have to make it count on the powerplay in these tournaments, we are even seeing in the usa game right now where its 1-1 vs Slovakia, not much time and space 5 on 5 in these short tournaments, players go full steam over the week and a half.

pettersson was sick playing. he had to leave practice cuz he needed to recover.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I wonder if they track ice time somewhere. I didn't think he got a ton of 5v5 ice time. But that's going on memory of a first viewing.

Time on ice is listed on the statistics page for the match on the official site. Though no distinction is made between even strength and PP/PK. But given CZE only had 8 PIM and Pettersson played 18 minutes, he still played a lot of even strength in this game.

SWE vs CZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad