Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
We can't afford Kane with Eriksson, and to trade for him you are going to give up a serious piece. Just wouldn't make much sense. Unless you can dump the Eriksson contract.

We can afford Kane at the TDL.

There's a lot of smoke around these Kane rumors and if he ACTUALLY becomes available then kiss some of our picks and prospects goodbye.

This management team will not wait and roll the dice to see if he hits FA...kind of like the Pooh trade.

Book it unless buff really tries to take Benning to the cleaners and someone else steps in.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I hope for a three-point game so he can get to an even 30, but I've just jinxed it and so he'll score 0. Oh no!

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
We can't afford Kane with Eriksson, and to trade for him you are going to give up a serious piece. Just wouldn't make much sense. Unless you can dump the Eriksson contract.
It would be just ideal, wouldn't it! Evander can mentor young Jake. You know, both of them being local guys and all. Jake can be his wing man on road trips, Evander will show him all the hot spots in places like Vegas, the good strip joints in Buffalo and Winnipeg.. Maybe Jake could introduce Evander to the Biebs when they hit SoCal. What could possibly go wrong?

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I know that you guys are having fun with the Elias hype train, but holy ****. Calm down. This thread makes me want to leave HF.

Don't read the main boards. Some of our more excitable posters are on full generational watch over there.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Quick question for the fan boys...do you expect Pettersson in the NHL next year?

Also If he doesn't sign over the summer and decides to remain in Sweeden would you be disappointed?

Not a " fan boy " but absof***inglutely

As great as his numbers are, his skill was never in question. Some were calling him the most skilled player in the draft even before we took him. The question was how he would hold up with less time and space in the nhl.

His production in the tougher SHL is obviously extremely encouraging, but he needs to get over here to start adjusting and the sooner the better imo.

Really expect him to get some NHL games this year and if he doesn't get any next year it will be a massive, massive disappointment.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I don't even want to look but anyone who is doing this stuff should know that they are acting like Oilers fans about 5 years ago.

Come on guys, aren't you at least old enough to remember Cody hodgson? Cool it.

And it's not like I'm not massively excited for him - genuinely believe EP is having one of the best European post-draft seasons ever, and has the potential to be a first-line calibre player.

But damn, there's one, maybe two, generational guys every 10 years. They have to be good enough, at the very least, to be the face of the league for an extended period of their prime. And even then, there's a few players I would put in the "face-of-the-league" whom I wouldn't consider generational.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Best case scenario - finish the SEL at the same pace, and then sign an ELC and get some games in at the end of the season.

Edit - any place to watch this?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Yep, after being outplayed for most of the period, Andrew Calof scores to tie it, and Pettersson gets an apple. The fun continues. One sec...

EDIT: Okay, yeah, Mora's way at the bottom of the SHL standings. Not the best start for Vaxjo.

Reactions: Knight53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad