News Article: Elias Pettersson Contract negotiations (Part 2) - Not Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
You brought up your hypothetical scenario that we were to sign Edler at 30 to 7.25x6 and whether that is a good deal or not. That's not valid because Edler at 30 is a better player than OEL is now. You need to account for the risk and probability that OEL gets back to Edler's level just for it to be a W.

i am struggling here, but you seem to be talking about the hypothetical bargaining position of oel as a hypothetical free agent right now in the event he was about to play like edler but nobody knew that was going to happen.

is that correct? because it seems to have nothing whatever to do with a simple hypothetical discussion about what oel's performance would be worth if he gave an "edler-like performance".

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I don't mean to offend. It's just based on reading translated interviews over the years. Now it could just be poor translations. There are languages that when translated it's just the grammar of the words that is awkward. With Swedish it seems to be more of an issue with the words being awkward.

No offense taken, just would have thought other languages might more likely misinterpreted as english and swedish are quite familiar but maybe this is what causes misunderstandings.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
No offense taken, just would have thought other languages might more likely misinterpreted as english and swedish are quite familiar but maybe this is what causes misunderstandings.

There are some languages that are so dissimilar to English that translating word for word makes very little sense. Then there are languages that translates pretty well in terms of the meaning of the words but the grammar and placement of words is different so you get awkward sentences. It seems Swedish translates to English ok but some words do come out very awkwardly and I wonder if it's lost in translation. That's only based on the translated interviews I have read through the years. No expertise at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad