Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
As a Christian who was raised to pray for real reasons like health of family (which never works) I have always been told to NOT pray regarding a sports situation, but dam is hard not to after watching the magic Pettersson has done so far this season

Please Peetey be back soon, cmon pal :(

U just said u were raised to pray for health.

So pray for his health!

Im going to see if your prayers work.

If EP plays on Saturday then i will believe in your religon.

If not then im out!!

Its all on u to decide my religious future.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
U just said u were raised to pray for health.

So pray for his health!

Im going to see if your prayers work.

If EP plays on Saturday then i will believe in your religon.

If not then im out!!

Its all on u to decide my religious future.
Meh Im a lot less religious then i use to be

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
As a Christian who was raised to pray for real reasons like health of family (which never works) I have always been told to NOT pray regarding a sports situation, but dam is hard not to after watching the magic Pettersson has done so far this season

Hey bud, we are all Canucks

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Hope EP is ok, but the replay looks awful.
He just has such bad luck. Could potentially have one of the best rookie season of all time, but just couldn't avoid these freak injuries. Hope there's no long term effect on him as a player.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Posted this in the GDT as well. This guy is as reliable as it comes regarding diagnosis of athlete injuries based on video.

High ankle sprains take time for full recovery. I'm glad that the docs have chimed in, both here and on twitter. I expect this to be not as serious as initially feared (ACL tear). Then again, I'd like to see a clear statement about recovery time tomorrow before breathing a sigh of relief.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
What I saw was Kotkaneimi not liking being taken gently into the end boards by Pettersson and following him up the ice, grabbing him and throwing him to the ice with their legs entangled. Wasn't clean, nor was it innocent. A highly dangerous stunt and we can all see the result. I'm more than a little perturbed that players seemingly think they have license to do this to a franchise player consequence free.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
All signs point toward it not being a major injury at this point which is fantastic.

The fact that he was walking without a limp is a really good sign, please don’t rush him back for the “playoff push” though, he’s literally our future.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
No all star game for you Canuck!

upload_2019-1-4_1-14-29.jpeg

upload_2019-1-4_1-16-5.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-4_1-15-30.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-4_1-15-30.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Do players recover from those injuries 100% or are you never the same?

If it’s what it looks like, then the thing that would prevent him from being the same again would be if they didn’t give it enough time to properly heal.

This injury can be recovered from fully, but complications often occur because the player returned to the lineup too early and re-aggravated the injury, which in turn becomes chronic/lingering over multiple seasons.

Reactions: RainbowDeathBunny

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

As a pastafarian I have no such restrictions. I want his Noodly Appendage to heal our prodigy at this very moment!

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
if there are any long term effects on him i think im done with hockey

A mild sprain is the definition of a recoverable injury. I don't want to call a sprain routine because they can be pretty bad, but if you can put weight on it right away it's a really good sign. Heck I rolled my ankle somewhat innocently at work a couple months back and I could barely put any weight on it for hours til the anti inflammatories kicked in.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I'm honestly baffled at this entire organization's handling of Pettersson.

Once it became clear that he was quite indeed, the entire franchise, the Canucks number one, and frankly only priority, should have been to protect him at all costs.

That means your entire lineup should willing to drop the gloves to protect him, not just Brock Boeser, who frankly is the second last person who should be fighting.

The players need to realize that the only way reason they are winning games is because of Petterson. This means other teams should be thinking twice about even stick checking Pettersson, because if you come near him, you know that the Canucks are coming after you.

The Canucks have no one that inspires fear into the other team. No one that people are looking over their shoulders for. The Habs should be afraid to put Domi or Drouin out there after that play. That's intimidation. That's prevention. At the very least, if our star is out, they'll be afraid to put their stars out so it evens the field.

Secondly, when it's clear that the only possible thing that can stop Pettersson is injuries, the training and medical staff should be going above and beyond to make sure that Pettersson is in tip-top shape. That means top of the line conditioning, physio, rehab, nutrition and treatments. That means being extra cautious with him when it comes to injuries and practicing preventative measures that reduce the risk of future injuries or re-aggravations.

You have a superstar, franchise level center fall into your lap, and this is how you handle him? Literally all they have to do is protect him, both on and off the ice, and he will do the rest. They have the simplest, most straight forward job in the world, PROTECT PETTERSSON, and he will carry your franchise.

And they still can't do it right.
I regularly post how skeptical I am that deterrence or “message sending” can be done in professional hockey, but I’m inclined to agree with your overall message here that the organization really needs to get its priorities in order. This is their meal ticket for a decade if they play their cards right, and they need to act like it.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I regularly post how skeptical I am that deterrence or “message sending” can be done in professional hockey, but I’m inclined to agree with your overall message here that the organization really needs to get its priorities in order. This is their meal ticket for a decade if they play their cards right, and they need to act like it.

Management has built a pathetically soft team. I kept hoping the "meat and potatoes" mentality fans had about Jim Benning actually had some place in fact, but it hasn't. It's been 4 years and he has not addressed this issue at all.

It's not about taking runs at Kotkanemi, or trying to fight him or hurt him. The minute that hit happened the team should have dialed it up a notch across the board.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Can’t help but think that when we had Dorsett all these guys complaining about “no response” ******** on him and wanting him off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad