Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

I have to agree with Green here
The action was dumb, unnecessary and definitely a penalty.
Intentionally injured? I don’t think so, could have injured himself if landed the wrong way.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Brilliant player...but I am always concerned that due to his slim lanky build, he will be easily susceptible to injury early in his career.....As he gets older, he's going to be durable, but right now?

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I'm already a little relieved it doesn't seem catastrophic. Hearing that call of "Pettersson is down in a heap, and he's hurt". Made my stomach drop. Seeing him face down motionless almost made me pass out.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Brilliant player...but I am always concerned that due to his slim lanky build, he will be easily susceptible to injury early in his career.....As he gets older, he's going to be durable, but right now?
He's fine at the game of hockey. I don't think you expect to be tackled or body slammed like it's wrestling/MMA.

NHL needs to treat it's stars like the NFL treats its QB's.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007

I have to agree with Green here
The action was dumb, unnecessary and definitely a penalty.
Intentionally injured? I don’t think so, could have injured himself if landed the wrong way.

Green didn't say it was unnecessary or that it was a penalty. In fact, he says the opposite.

Not that I thought it was intentional by Kotka but would it kill the guy to defend his player? It's always this passive attitude.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I'm honestly baffled at this entire organization's handling of Pettersson.

Once it became clear that he was quite indeed, the entire franchise, the Canucks number one, and frankly only priority, should have been to protect him at all costs.

That means your entire lineup should willing to drop the gloves to protect him, not just Brock Boeser, who frankly is the second last person who should be fighting.

The players need to realize that the only way reason they are winning games is because of Petterson. This means other teams should be thinking twice about even stick checking Pettersson, because if you come near him, you know that the Canucks are coming after you.

The Canucks have no one that inspires fear into the other team. No one that people are looking over their shoulders for. The Habs should be afraid to put Domi or Drouin out there after that play. That's intimidation. That's prevention. At the very least, if our star is out, they'll be afraid to put their stars out so it evens the field.

Secondly, when it's clear that the only possible thing that can stop Pettersson is injuries, the training and medical staff should be going above and beyond to make sure that Pettersson is in tip-top shape. That means top of the line conditioning, physio, rehab, nutrition and treatments. That means being extra cautious with him when it comes to injuries and practicing preventative measures that reduce the risk of future injuries or re-aggravations.

You have a superstar, franchise level center fall into your lap, and this is how you handle him? Literally all they have to do is protect him, both on and off the ice, and he will do the rest. They have the simplest, most straight forward job in the world, PROTECT PETTERSSON, and he will carry your franchise.

And they still can't do it right.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
As a Christian who was raised to pray for real reasons like health of family (which never works) I have always been told to NOT pray regarding a sports situation, but dam is hard not to after watching the magic Pettersson has done so far this season

Please Peetey be back soon, cmon pal :(

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I was expecting the worst but it doesn't seem to be too bad if he's walking with no limps or anything.

Hopefully it's a mild sprain or a rolled ankle or something and they let him rest a couple weeks.

Good for the tank too.

No chance he's gonna lose the calder unless Dahlin goes all world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad