Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I’m not saying that this injury in particular could’ve been prevented, but my god we really need to make sure that we protect Elias at all costs. He is the entire team.

This doesn’t just mean guys making sure no one roughs him up or takes a run at him, but also means our medical and training staff should be working with him to ensure his training and pyshiotherapy is up to date and that he’s well taken care of.

A great example is LeBron James who spends 1 million dollars a year taking care of his body in terms of specialized trainers and treatments.

Elias is our LeBron, and injures are the only thing that can stop him. It only makes logical sense to focus on making sure he’s always in peak condition/health.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
How the hell did his leg bend like that and he just casually strolls off the ice?

I know that with tears you can sometimes walk normally on them but if he comes back soon he's most definitely an Alien.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
im no medical expert but would he have walked off the ice without any limp if he had an ACL tear? everytime i see a player in any sport have one they are stretchered off.

I had injured my ACL, so I’m speaking from experience: You can walk/skate off just as long as you don’t bend your knee inward to where it slips the joint. Your hear a pop and then the knee burns. Stability is still there because the MCL is intact. It’s only afterward where the injury truly shows it’s impact.

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
Had an mcl tear at 16.. was wheeled in on a wheelchair to emergency
I had injured my ACL, so I’m speaking from experience: You can walk/skate off just as long as you don’t bend your knee inward to where it slips the joint. Your hear a pop and then the knee burns. Stability is still there because the MCL is intact. It’s only afterward where the injury truly shows it’s impact.
hmmm

who do i believe?

maybe i will wait and see

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
My dad tore his skiing. Got up and went the rest of the way down as if nothing happened. It wasn't until he could bend his leg sideways is when he realized something was wrong.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
hmmm

who do i believe?

maybe i will wait and see

Believe? I just laid out why an ACL tear does not equate to being carried off the ice. Anybody who knows anything about them knows this. Does it matter if you believe that to be the case? No.

Pettersson may not have an ACL tear, but given how his leg was bent, I would shocked if he did not. We won’t know until tomorrow.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Yup, I'm thinking MCL tear and done for season. Probably won't win the Calder because of it. Boeser last year, EP this year... Quinn Hughes watch out.

In other news the tank just crossed into Axis territory.

Reactions: Shut Up Flanders

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I cant even watch the game anymore, no Petey and its no longer entertaining tonight. Just so down on this :(

Any word or update? Guess after the game maybe :(

Reactions: canucklehead94

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
Believe? I just laid out why an ACL tear does not equate to being carried off the ice. Anybody who knows anything about them knows this. Does it matter if you believe that to be the case? No.

Pettersson may not have an ACL tear, but given how his leg was bent, I would shocked if he did not. We won’t know until tomorrow.
was a joke

I cant even watch the game anymore, no Petey and its no longer entertaining tonight. Just so down on this :(

Any word or update? Guess after the game maybe :(
doubt they say anything till tomorrow afternoon

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Just when things start to go up... coming off a hat trick and BOOM. Your heart gets ripped apart.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
That slo mo is so ugly. ugh his leg twists so unnaturally. Makes me so frustrated to see. Would be great if Pettersson could play hockey without opponents doing MMA style take-downs on him. That's not part of the sport last time I checked.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
How the hell did his leg bend like that and he just casually strolls off the ice?

I know that with tears you can sometimes walk normally on them but if he comes back soon he's most definitely an Alien.

Devs fan coming in peace, hope Elias is alright, but I tore my MCL skiing off a rock face in Utah 2 years ago. I kind of fell similar to how he fell.

I skied down the rest of the mountain and walked to my car and drove to in n out burger. It didn't finally start hurting badly until I got out of the car. Trying to push off my leg was excruciating.

Luckily recovery wasn't all that bad and it took me about 6 months to be back to full strength with no surgery and rehabbing on my own. He has some of the best doctors and trainers in the world available so I'm sure he'll be ready to go way before that at full strength and will continue to put up enormous numbers.

Tldr or for those that don't care about my story: It's common to get up and go on your own power with an injury like that, adrenaline takes over. Recovery shouldn't be too bad if it is just an MCL injury

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
maybe I'm suffering PTSD but I still think it wasn't that bad. More sprain or strain than tear. I'm hoping for a positive diagnosis. It's troubling to see him suffer two serious injuries in the first half of the first season of his NHL career.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Its not bad. Walking arouns Alien heals fast.
He will be in for the showdown vs leafs on Saturday

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
It may have been unintentional, but this is the 2nd time Peterson has been injured by a WWF/MMA move. He's handled actual hockey hits just fine.

Reactions: SillyRabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad