Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
After last night, I tried to cheer myself up by reading through the draft thread. The reactions to how skinny he is were hilarious. But it also occurred to me that could be a reason his injury is less serious than most people who have seen or been through these kinds of injuries (ACL/MCL tear) said it would certainly be - because there's just so little weight being forced down onto his ligaments there. Just a theory, but could be the ultimate irony with all the hysteria with how small his frame is. Either way, I'm relieved to see he's feeling better today.

Also, this team needs depth. Without him last night we were dead in the water. Good teams can afford to lose their top player for a while and still find something. We are a crap team being propped up by a rookie. We need more from Horvat and JV, and we need to put our actual skilled players in the lineup.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I'd be curious to know how you came up with a calculation of 70 games.

Bure won the Calder in '92 after playing only 65 games. I agree that there's got to be a threshold somewhere in terms minimum number of games played, but I don't think that number is set in stone. I think that Petterson could play as few as 60 games and still win the Calder as long as his calibre of play remains at the same high level when he returns from injury. Purely speculation on my part, I will admit.

At the current rate he only needs 10 more points to win the rookie scoring race, and if he does that in 50 games I don't see why the number of games should be a problem. Even if Dahlin and Heiskanen put up 40 points I assume voters would consider 50-ish points in 50-ish games a better season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChilliBilly

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
At the current rate he only needs 10 more points to win the rookie scoring race, and if he does that in 50 games I don't see why the number of games should be a problem. Even if Dahlin and Heiskanen put up 40 points I assume voters would consider 50-ish points in 50-ish games a better season.

If he’s done for season , Dahlin is winning it. He plays in the East, was a #1 overall pick and will put up 45 points for a defensman

EP40 should win, but he needs to come back this year.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Feels like he'll need to play at least 60 games to win the Calder over Dahlin. Anything in the 50's seem like not enough, even as dominant as he's been.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If he’s done for season , Dahlin is winning it. He plays in the East, was a #1 overall pick and will put up 45 points for a defensman

EP40 should win, but he needs to come back this year.
The idea that you think he’s done for the year despite the fact that he’s walking normally after the game and traveled with the team to Toronto is utterly insane.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Obviously not a doctor and haven't seen MRI results. The fact that he skated off on his own, and wasn't using crutches or limping when seen after the game, and he's feeling better the day after, is amazing. That's all fantastic news. If this was season ending, he'd have been forced to use crutches, sent back to Vancouver, and wouldn't be doing interviews with Kypreos.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Probably from Pavel Bure PTSD. He ruined his knee on a similar play when Gary Suter hauled him down from behind. I was a new fan at the time and Bure was maybe the most exciting player in the league. I felt totally robbed.
So basically finland has robbed sweden on our most exciting player in 25 years. f*** them

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
So basically finland has robbed sweden on our most exciting player in 25 years. **** them
It's hard to see in the gif but Kotkaniemi, wearing the Finnish flag as a cape, put Pettersson in a big canvas bag with a dollar sign on it, swore an oath of eternal vigilance against Sweden, then flew out of the arena to a swell of orchestral music.

Grow the f*** up. A guy tripped another guy.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
that was a nasty bend

If it's nothing too serious then this kid is definitely something else

member 290103

The idea that you think he’s done for the year despite the fact that he’s walking normally after the game and traveled with the team to Toronto is utterly insane.

He’s just hoping this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad