NFL: Eli Manning benched, Daniel Jones named Giants starting QB

Sep 19, 2008
Had to happen.

Good for Daniel. See what the Giants see in him. Initially the world mocked the pick but he looked okay in preseason.

Honestly for Eli he has lost it the last few years. Him and Roethlisburger aren't exactly spring chickens anymore. That's what makes what Brady is doing so remarkable. Age doesn't affect him. Meanwhile Manning and Roethlisburger are younger than Brady and starting to regress terribly.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was expecting this after the Patriots game. Would've had a longer week to prepare for the Cardinals for his first game. He was great in pre-season, good luck to him.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Jones could be walking into a situation with OBJ, Barkley, Engram, Shepard, Golden Tate on offense and whomever else the G's could have signed if they cut Eli in the offseason, like they should have. They didn't do that, traded OBJ and due to injury etc., Jones is left with Barkley & Engram [for now]. Such a dumb franchise...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lets be honest

Jones deserved to start with play in camp/preseason but because the QB competition was never open he sat

Good on Giants moving on to new era. Still not sold on Jones but its time to move on from Eli

Actually it was already past time to move on from Eli , he should have been released in offseason

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not gonna happen but would be funny and kind of weird if they traded Eli to the Steelers to ride out his last year.

Many Bear fans are calling for Eli

I don't think they have watched him play in recent years but argument is that Mitch is so terrible that Eli would be good enough to not be detriment to D

I don't know how I feel. I certainly don't want Eli but my god Trubisky is trash and this D just needs a QB that can do enough so there is some aspect of Eli that would potentially make sense as despite his bad play he can still do basics (Something Mitch cant even do)

Bears couldn't afford Eli cap wise I believe so its not going to happen

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I don't think they have watched him play in recent years but argument is that Mitch is so terrible that Eli would be good enough to not be detriment to D

I don't know how I feel. I certainly don't want Eli but my god Trubisky is trash and this D just needs a QB that can do enough so there is some aspect of Eli that would potentially make sense as despite his bad play he can still do basics (Something Mitch cant even do)

Bears only hope is for Montgomery to be a great RB to rely on IMO and have a QB that just plays it safe. Trubisky and Eli for that matter aren't the answers.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I like your brutal honesty regarding Mitch Trushitsky.

Killed me when Bears fans last year were hyping him up because he had a good couple games. Overrated as hell, still don't know why they didn't go for Watson.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I just don't think Eli has anything left in the tank for a team with playoff aspirations to trade for him (and that assumes Eli would go).

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

Trubisky is better than Manning. It’s honestly not close at this point.

Reactions: KIRK

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Dude is a superbowl x2 MVP.
Let him go out on his terms , being benched is a slap in the face to his storied career.

Reactions: Voight

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Let him go out on his terms , being benched is a slap in the face to his storied career.
one could certainly agree with this
[if they're been in a coma and missed the last 5 or so years of his career]

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
one could certainly agree with this
[if they're been in a coma and missed the last 5 or so years of his career]
Dude is undefeated V NE in the Brady era in superbowls , the team has been basic garbage the past years. Dude deserves more respect.
I'm not a Giants fan but this bugs me a little.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dude is undefeated V NE in the Brady era in superbowls , the team has been basic garbage the past years. Dude deserves more respect.
I'm not a Giants fan but this bugs me a little.

Truth is, he has had an incredible career, but it's been clear for a little while, in terms of his play, that he's hung on too long.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Truth is, he has had an incredible career, but it's been clear for a little while, in terms of his play, that he's hung on too long.
Possibly , but the respect fact remains. Let him pull an Andrew Luck stunt , ? Idk.. seems wrong.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Possibly , but the respect fact remains. Let him pull an Andrew Luck stunt , ? Idk.. seems wrong.

It wouldn't be an Andrew Luck stunt if Eli did it. Not after 15 years.

And, to be clear, any criticism of Eli now is in no way a sign of a lack of respect for what he's accomplished in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad