Eklund Rumor: Eklund: Toronto and Arizona

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Arizona has ZERO use for Nylander. So unless it's a 3 way trade (with or without AZ retaining) then Nylander brings no value. And I don't know who can give up much for Nylander in trade given the flat cap.

Muzzin also brings no value to AZ and is a pure cap dump from their perspective given he would also be extremely difficult to flip even with retention given the flat cap and his injury/durability concerns.

Any Chychrun trade is NOT a "hockey trade". Rather, it's a "futures" trade since AZ doesn't want or need established players, but prospects and/or picks.
Nylander would literally be Arizonas best player, and it's not particularly close . Additionally on a sweetheart contract. He would have significant value ....give your head a shake . Straight up its terrible for Toronto. Chychryn is just a guy ...not the stud many make him out to be .

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Before you think the Leafs need Chychrun over Nylander, post the Leafs forward lineup without Nylander, and try to argue that it is still good.

Nylander is only traded for a similar quality winger that is bigger and more physical with a similar cap hit. I can't think of any players that would be available and fit the bill, therefore I highly doubt the Leafs trade him, especially for a defenceman.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Chychurn is a young top 4 d with a good contract. Currently thats all he is. He has potential for more but until he does it hes not more then that. Nylander is a top line winger on a good contract no more no less. Value only the trade is probably a wash.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Trade makes no sense. We have no forward depth, acquiring Chychurn doesn't help with out need for RHD. This is the exact opposite of a trade that we need to make. We need to move a Dman for a Fwd.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Trade makes no sense. We have no forward depth, acquiring Chychurn doesn't help with out need for RHD. This is the exact opposite of a trade that we need to make. We need to move a Dman for a Fwd.
He can also play right d , but I agree the value is off .

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Nylander would literally be Arizonas best player, and it's not particularly close . Additionally on a sweetheart contract. He would have significant value ....give your head a shake . Straight up its terrible for Toronto. Chychryn is just a guy ...not the stud many make him out to be .

I'm perfectly aware of how great of a player Nylander is, although it doesn't seem you're aware of how great of a player Chychrun is because he's played on literally the league's worst team (and is very unhappy about it which affected his play this season). Don't want to take my word for it? Craig Button had Chychrun on his Team Canada Olympic team roster when TSN did their Olympic preview and he and M. Johnson presented their rosters (early last season and before things got cancelled of course).

Notwithstanding any of the above, as I mentioned which you're completely ignoring: Arizona does NOT want Nylander nor any established impact players. They're in full tank mode. They would want to avoid having Nylander on their team in the same way Chicago wanted to avoid having DeBrincat on their team, since both teams are trying to tank for Bedard.

In other words, AZ doesn't want Nylander because, in a perverse way, he brings negative value because he hurts the tank.

So, as I said, this is why the only way a trade involving Nylander would even be considered by AZ is if it was a 3 way deal where they could immediately flip Nylander (with or without retention) to another team for more assets. And given the flat cap world and trade values that exist right now, I don't know which contending team can even afford Nylander on their cap, even with retention.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
So you don't know anything about the Coyotes. Not even particularly close to knowing. Chychrun is a stud. Nylander on the otherhand is just a guy, lucky enough to be on the same team as Arizona native Matthews.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He isn't to far off. Chyxhurn isn't a top pair d currently and his numbers aren't very good. Chychirn will play better on a better team but he isn't going to magically turn into a top 15 d on his new team.
Chychrun did not have a good year last year. New coach and injury, but the year before he was definitely a 1D, having the 10th most points, most goals of any Dman and playing over 23min./game. Only Makar and Fox were younger than Chychrun and both are not available.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Absolutely outrageous proposals here. Would never include Nylander in a deal for Chychrun. I think Muzzin, Sandin, Robertson and a 1st is more than fair for Chychrun.

Reactions: StozeLeGroz

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Chychrun did not have a good year last year. New coach and injury, but the year before he was definitely a 1D, having the 10th most points, most goals of any Dman and playing over 23min./game. Only Makar and Fox were younger than Chychrun and both are not available.
There is a massive gap between Chychurn and fox and Makar. They are two of the best D in the NHL, Makar being number 1. My point was Chychurn has potential but he's hasn't been a consistent 1d. Can he be absolutely but he isn't yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00