Eklund Rumor: Eklund: Toronto and Arizona

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
It's gonna have to be a lot more than Nylander's contract to make that happen.

The main names could be Chych and Nylander, but the Leafs would HAVE to add one or two top prospects/picks to make that make any kind of sense for the Coyotes.

The fact that its Eklund should say it all, but if there is ANY truth to this at all, it is probably just the Leafs floating a lowball offer and hoping the team takes the bait, which they obviously won't.

This WOULD be a good deal for the Leafs, which is also why I think it is total BS.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Value seems ok, if you want a dude like Nylander, that you can count on not having any grit. Leafs add a decent prospect or a 1st as well here due to Chychrun having more years left on his deal. I don't see why Coyotes need a dude like that to splash that bullshit attitude on their upcoming players, but it's all wait and see ain't it.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I just don't see the Leafs completely restructuring their defense AND trying to fill the 70ish point void at RW by the time October rolls around.

Leafs have 4LD who do not play the right side well as it is, adding a 5th just makes it more of a log jam. Meaning you're looking at moving at least 2 of Sandin/Gio/Muzzin out as well and somehow try to get better.

Just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Should be Matthews re-signed to an 8 year deal (even though thats impossible at this moment) instead of Nylander. Cmon now.
Hope this is satire.

Should be Matthews re-signed to an 8 year deal (even though thats impossible at this moment) instead of Nylander. Cmon now.
Hope this is satire
Nylander, Knies and Holl for Chychrun.
Chychurn is the most overrated player in the NHL, I wouldnt trade Nylander alone for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad