Rumor: Eklund: Hartnell to St. Louis

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Why are we all pretending it's ok that Hartnell is writing a book about how often he falls over? How has he managed to convince us that it's just funny that he's a multi-millionaire hockey player who can't ****ing skate? It's one of many major parts of his game he's ****ing **** at and he's writing a comedy book about it? Drop that ****ing pen Scott and put your skates on. Berube ought to bag skate the useless POS until he has managed to understand the basic 'one skate in front of the other' routine. The caricature on the front of the book says it all. Sat on his ass, big smile on his face while the puck is no doubt in our net by that point.

No, that's silly of me. How crazy to think that someone with a major failing in his game would actually be bothered about it and improve! Just wait until next month when the sequel 'HartnellLosesItOnTheBoards' and the threequel 'HartnellFiresItF**kingOverAgain' come out and JJ and Coatesy are ******* themselves telling us he's as good as Alex ****ing Ovechkin.

(Yes, I know it's for charity. I just don't think he should be drawing attention to and even celebrating how much he sucks at hockey)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe, but when Vinny is healthy someone in the top 9 will have to make way, and it will be easier for management to justify replacing Hartnell with him than a broom.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
hartnell isn't the only one we should say bye to lol striet hartsy kimmo (hopefully mez) for first round picks and or prospects

Kimmo has been arguably the best D man on the team this year along with Coburn... but tbh I would not mind trading him to a contender at the deadline, especially as he likely retires after the year (or resign with the Flyers). He would garner a 1st. I would love to see him win a cup as well... not many more deserving in the NHL. But I doubt heavily he is traded if the Flyers are in the playoff picture, which they very likely will be.

Streit is going no-where I imagine. He has not been awful either... he has helped the D with his ability to move a puck from the backend.

I actually think the D has looked better this year due to having 3 puckmovers who can effectively move the puck out of the zone on a consistent basis, and one on each pair with Kimmo, Streit and Gus. Coburn has also done a good job moving the puck this year.

Mez... hopefully someone has an injury crisis and gives us some late pick for him, not unimaginable due to him being UFA, but not too likely either. I hope he has an awesome Olympics and someone bites.

Hartnell yeh, not sure he will be going, but he probably should as he really is looking the odd man out for next year. (and lately this year in the top 9 as well.)

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Hartnell yeh, not sure he will be going, but he probably should as he really is looking the odd man out for next year. (and lately this year in the top 9 as well.)

If Scott Hartnell is, in truth, odd man out next year, then why the hell did Holmgren extend him with a no movement contract until 2019 at 4.75 million dollars per year. Holmgren should be the odd man out unless he finds some poor sucker among the other 29 teams who'll take this waste of space (and his goofy contract) away from the Flyers.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
This isn't exactly relevant to Hartnell but, how's Shattenkirk been this year for the Blues? Any foreseeable way of prying him out of St. Louis? Hartnell as the pot sweetener? :laugh:

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
This isn't exactly relevant to Hartnell but, how's Shattenkirk been this year for the Blues? Any foreseeable way of prying him out of St. Louis? Hartnell as the pot sweetener? :laugh:

5th in points among all defensemen, and he's done it with significantly less time on ice than anyone else in the top 10. Second highest Points/60 at ES in the league among defensemen who have played at least 20 games.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
why the hell did Holmgren extend him with a no movement contract until 2019 at 4.75 million dollars per year.

3IH2MU6.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad