Injury Report: Ekblad -Concussion testing, Tests negative- 9/19

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Not shocking that he would defend Domi. Tie and he are best buds from their final days with the Leafs. :)

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

What an absolute moron. How the hell we all saw this happening when nothing out of the ordinary was happening before Domi lost it? What a ****ing idiot. "This is still hockey". There was no hockey involved in that. Ekblad was trying to play hockey, Domi grabbed him so that he couldn't continue to play hockey.
I'm still looking for these horrible slashes more than usual, and cross checks more than usual they keep saying Ekblad did. All they're doing is opening a can of worms. They've basically given the green light to anything the Panthers want to do in a game against the Habs, "that's only hockey".

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Did anyone see what Hoffman had to say about it? :laugh:

"I guess they were trying to showcase something over there. It's preseason, so maybe guys are trying to make an impression. But maybe do it by playing hockey."
Luongo: Domi's punch on Ekblad 'gutless'
any suspension for domi? he has done the same thing multiple times before!!!!
what a joke eligible for 1st regular season game. he should be suspended for multiple regular season games! he has a history of cheap shots and they let him get away with it. i really hope someone kicks his arse, but hes a really good fighter as well as a cheap shot artist.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I can't wait until we play the Leafs Habs. I hope we sign five legit goons for it just to follow Domi around on the ice.

If this team doesn't satisfy my bloodlust I will never forgive them.

Edit: :dunce:

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
But the best comment came from Drouin who said Ekblad must defend hisself and doesnt saw it like a Sucker Punch.
And said Domi did nothing wrong, so the usual im be the next Captain speech.

But i would find if interisting if haley pass by domi, drop his Gloves knock him out, give him a brokeing Nose and been out for a few Days during the Season.
If Drouin would repeat his Words, if this would happen. And his own lay on the Ice, wonder what in the World happen.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
But the best comment came from Drouin who said Ekblad must defend hisself and doesnt saw it like a Sucker Punch.
And said Domi did nothing wrong, so the usual im be the next Captain speech.

But i would find if interisting if haley pass by domi, drop his Gloves knock him out, give him a brokeing Nose and been out for a few Days during the Season.
If Drouin would repeat his Words, if this would happen. And his own lay on the Ice, wonder what in the World happen.

What was that? Drouin said something?

I cant hear him over the busting of his career.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I know Ekblad isn’t a fighter but I’d like to see him settle this score himself. Reminiscent of Seguin and Kulikov a few years ago.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I know Ekblad isn’t a fighter but I’d like to see him settle this score himself. Reminiscent of Seguin and Kulikov a few years ago.

Not sure with his Concoussion Protocoll not really, thats why he doesnt wanted to fight Domi in the first. You dont put your Season on the Line by a Single fight, the last concoussion took him 4-5 Weeks for recover to 80-100%. He even was bad on the Ice and BoardGame, it hinder him in his Physical Game.
Don´t expect him to fight, its like small Player goes after Star Player. Dont await that the Player by his own come after you.
For the other one Seguin did it, cause the league knows Kulikov is no fighter.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
This whole revenge thing has gotten way out of hand.

First of all, Ek pulling a David Booth and trying to settle the score is just plain stoopid. Richards wasn't half the fighter Domi is and Ek could very easily get the concussion he needs to stay away from. Second of all, Haley may invite Domi to dance and he may accept but there is no guaranty. My guess is McCarron will be there either by call up or he could make the final roster and the game could get out of hand with some serious injuries on our part should this guy connect.

As I said earlier, Domi in Arizona was no enforcer going around trying to intimidate everyone. He generally played the game straight up with a slight edge to some grit. My guess is both guys and coaching staffs will be warned before the game and some heavy fines and suspensions could come down to CJ and Mr. Boo if they encourage their players to goon it up.

Domi likely would step up if challenged by either Ek or Haley. Haley probably has the edge since he is taller and stronger but Max will not back down from him. My guess is the linesmen and refs will break it up quickly before anyone gets in any serious shots and participants will receive game misconducts. The hype never lives up to the billing. Rematch set for 12/28/18 at the BB&T. :)

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

First of all, Ek pulling a David Booth and trying to settle the score is just plain stoopid. Richards wasn't half the fighter Domi is and Ek could very easily get the concussion he needs to stay away from. Second of all, Haley may invite Domi to dance and he may accept but there is no guaranty. My guess is McCarron will be there either by call up or he could make the final roster and the game could get out of hand with some serious injuries on our part should this guy connect.

As I said earlier, Domi in Arizona was no enforcer going around trying to intimidate everyone. He generally played the game straight up with a slight edge to some grit. My guess is both guys and coaching staffs will be warned before the game and some heavy fines and suspensions could come down to CJ and Mr. Boo if they encourage their players to goon it up.

Domi likely would step up if challenged by either Ek or Haley. Haley probably has the edge since he is taller and stronger but Max will not back down from him. My guess is the linesmen and refs will break it up quickly before anyone gets in any serious shots and participants will receive game misconducts. The hype never lives up to the billing. :)

Out of hand? Domi sucker punched one of our top players, and broke his nose...he definitely is going to dance with somebody. You are the one taking it a bit out of hand with talk about fines and suspensions being warned to both teams before the game. It’s hockey. Things like this have happened in the past, and have been settled on the ice later on. It will be dealt with when the two teams meet again, and that’s that.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Mainly due to the NHL's decision to give a lot of slack to let the players police things themselves rather than putting big penalties for cheap shot artists. The case would be a lot clearer when it was some AHL fodder or a 4th liner with a lot of term earning league minimum trying to make an impression for the coach by taking out big earners on the opposing team. That would be my strategy to win if the m.o. was to win by any means necessary: fill the entire team with Bertuzzis and let the mayhem ensue to even the playing field.

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Out of hand? Domi sucker punched one of our top players, and broke his nose...he definitely is going to dance with somebody. You are the one taking it a bit out of hand with talk about fines and suspensions being warned to both teams before the game. It’s hockey. Things like this have happened in the past, and have been settled on the ice later on. It will be dealt with when the two teams meet again, and that’s that.
Oh please "it's hockey?" :laugh::laugh: Things have changed since most of the goons have been sent packing. The league doesn't have a problem with intimidation and cheap shots during the games but the old days of bench clearing and next game line brawls have gone the way of Tony Twist and Probert. If bad blood and revenge are hyped by the players and media before the game, the league officials can and will warn both coaches about the consequences before the puck is dropped. They will enforce their warnings as any injuries could result in litigation.

For the most part litigation is non existent in the NHL. Ek could easily sue Domi for his assault/battery and win a judgement against him but this wouldn't happen unless the injuries end his career. It doesn't take much to ruin a career. Just ask Bertuzzi. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad