Injury Report: Ekblad -Concussion testing, Tests negative- 9/19

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Domi punched Ekblad while he still had his gloves on which is a bitch move. Domi needs to be suspended for the start of the regular season, but knowing this league Domi will get a slap on the wrist.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Domi punched Ekblad while he still had his gloves on which is a ***** move. Domi needs to be suspended for the start of the regular season, but knowing this league Domi will get a slap on the wrist.

As a habs fan I hope not. He shouldn't have done it and should be suspended.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
insanely dick move and basically based on nothing. ekblad did nothing to him at all from start of the play to finish. i dont know what slash drouin was running his mouth about. this is the kind of thing thats gonna lead to a ban on justified normal hockey fights. this should be a ten game suspension to send a message. it was totally insane.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Suspension? I wouldn't count on it, Domi is a Montreal Canadian and Ekblad is a Florida Panther.

Different rules apply so as much as I would like to see a suspension I'm not expecting one.

Reactions: FinlandPanther

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It was a minor slash to the lower inside of the kidney area. It may have hit a vulnerable spot and hurt for 30 seconds or so. Certainly in most instances these things never effect play in a game. I've watched Domi quite a bit the last few years as he has slowly regressed with the Coyotes. He's not the type of player that goes looking for fights or that plays a gritty style but he is no shrinking violet if he's challenged. He's a talented distributor of the puck from the wing who has a good shot but hardly uses it. That being said, CJ likes his players to play gritty and intimidating. To survive this year, the Habs will need to play that style and Price will have to be on top of his game.

The league should not put up with sucker punches to a teams star player who has a concussion history. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a game or two at the beginning of the season. The fact that he doesn't have a history and Ek was not seriously injured could mitigate the punishment. It was a short powerful right to the nose that knocked Ek down and drew blood. Genetically speaking, this is something the Domi's are noted for. :(

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
It was a bone head move for sure by Domi. However, I like the intensity. Domi will have to answer the bell when they play Florida in the regular season and I believe he will.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ekb.gif

Enough said.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Gutless; with that team, they're gonna need any kind of excitement for their fans this season.

Bad publicity is still publicity, I guess.

Watch your back, Max.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Just let it go guys. It's hockey, these things happen sometimes. I'm sure Haley will dress in the Habs game in the season and they might or might not go. Ek is fine which is the best outcome.

-ghoste

Reactions: From The Couch

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Jesus, it's very simple. Ek has serious concussion issues. He's not a fighter and was stoopid to mix it up with DesLauriers last season. He is one or two concussions away from permanent LTIR and Domi was a dummy for punching him to the head. Ek or most other defenders throughout the league are going to use minor stick work like that. Sometimes it's called and most of the time it's not unless it's on the hands, head, or legs. Ek is not going to change his defensive game as he's always been a guy who uses subtle push or mild cross checks to keep his guy off balance. Some players take exception and it's something Ek will have to live with. Domi will get called out by Haley during the season and I'm sure the two little guys will duke it out. Should be a good contest. :)

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Jesus, it's very simple. Ek has serious concussion issues. He's not a fighter and was stoopid to mix it up with DesLauriers last season. He is one or two concussions away from permanent LTIR and Domi was a dummy for punching him to the head. Ek or most other defenders throughout the league are going to use minor stick work like that. Sometimes it's called and most of the time it's not unless it's on the hands, head, or legs. Ek is not going to change his defensive game as he's always been a guy who uses subtle push or mild cross checks to keep his guy off balance. Some players take exception and it's something Ek will have to live with. Domi will get called out by Haley during the season and I'm sure the two little guys will duke it out. Should be a good contest. :)

IT'S PRESEASON! LOL. NO ONE SHOULD BE FIGHTING

Reactions: 5 Hole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad