Confirmed with Link: EK65 and Perron to Sharks for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
As a Hab fan, I'm ecstatic to see EK leaving the Atlantic division! We get to watch a lot of the Sens games in Montreal and this guy is absolutely incredible!! To all SJ fans, you just picked up a real gem. He is the best skating and most offensively gifted defensemen in the NHL. I can't wait to see the PP with Burns and EK on the points, scary thought. The only thing you guys should be worried about is that DW might get arrested for grand theft.

This post made me laugh. Like EK is some unknown quantity lmao.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
To be fair, we don't get to see his brilliance much in the West. Like we know he's good based on reputation alone, but I think the point Armaniac is making is he'll look better in person.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I was just reflecting on the massive seachange this organization has undergone over the past few years

Our D looks like its gonna be:

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun

Do you remember what we iced in the last game of the Mclellan era?

Refresher:

Stollery-Burns
Dillon-Scott
Irwin-Fedun

We've come a long way, baby

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I think you'll see that impact show with Burns as well. Burnzie feels so much pressure to carry the load offensively from the back-end and presses when he's not producing. He's got a partner in crime now that'll do just as much if not more damage offensively.

I think you'll see a friendly competition between them for points this season.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I was just reflecting on the massive seachange this organization has undergone over the past few years

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun

Refresher:

Stollery-Burns
Dillon-Scott
Irwin-Fedun

Sweet baby Jesus I forgot the horrors :cry:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun

Refresher:

Stollery-Burns
Dillon-Scott
Irwin-Fedun

I wish I didn't. Thanks for triggering my PTSD! :laugh:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
It will still be a good deal for the Sharks but watch Demelo pull a Josh Gorges and go from trash to a serviceable defenseman in the East

I hope he does. Honestly I hope Tierney puts up 60 points for them and develops into a true 2nd line center for them. Because of their place on the Sharks I don't mind having to give them up but I hope they max out their potential.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's only been a few hours since last time, but I feel it necessary to once again remind everyone that it's Saturday morning, Erik Karlsson is a Shark, and this is not a dream or a psych out, or an elaborate practical joke.

lNVZJBerBVkZq8ruPaAiY0ePKwg=.gif

(I had wanted to include the previous bit of the scene with the shot of the TV so that I could lay in a graphic of the Karlsson trade announcement, but it turns out that Frinkiac gifs go haywire when you try to save them.)

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun

Refresher:

Stollery-Burns
Dillon-Scott
Irwin-Fedun

yeah but we had All Star John Scott up front so it all evened out. :sarcasm:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun

Refresher:

Stollery-Burns
Dillon-Scott
Irwin-Fedun

My eyes... That's Burns + Dillon + not NHL calibre.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Greetings Sharks fans! I owe Karlsson several beers for all the fantasy hockey pool money he's won me over the years, so I will be watching with great interest this year. That he finds himself on club of San Jose's calibre in a contract year...I feel a little bit bad for the rest of the west. The Sharks already had formidable fire-power, and with EK65's vision feeding that forward group picks, well, I wouldn't be shocked to see even better numbers out of a few forwards - and that's not taking away anything from Burns, rather that with one of the two on the ice for much of every game...just wow!

Looking forward to having cause to watch more SJS this season! And certainly wishing the team every success (and not just because I still retain Karlsson in a few pools...but mostly that ;)

Cheers

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I wanted to take a few minutes and praise Doug Wilson.
Our GM is known for “robbing” other GMs of their players.
This shows the commitment he has to make our team the best it can be. Thinking about the Kane trade, the fury behind trying to woo Tavares to play here and finally to acquire Karlsson.
Wilson has, reportedly, been working this since the last trade deadline.
We are fortunate to have a GM that will go the extra mile and spend time in Ottawa because he feels that the face to face is a better situation. Karlsson and all the others sign here long term because of what DW does as his due diligence. That is special.
It boggles my mind that when our Sharks make the unbelievable trade to get THE premiere defenseman of the whole league, there are poster here that actually bring up the Burish signing. Or the Wallin trade. These are not on the same level. Open your eyes.
Learn to appreciate the wizardry that we get to experience here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad