Confirmed with Link: EK65 and Perron to Sharks for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
OH MY GOD GUYS, REMEMBER THAT TIME WE GOT ERIK KARLSSON!?!?!

:scared:

b6fyd3w.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Fun fact: Karlsson will be the 3rd player in team history to wear #65 (discounting training camp #s or pre-season numerical insanity)

Detroit+Red+Wings+v+San+Jose+Sharks+BI_zaHm97TPl.jpg
bng-l-sharks-0920-01.jpg

Let's just say that the bar Karlsson needs to clear isn't all that high. He only needs 13 points to match their combined Sharks career point totals (2 goals, 10 assists in 75 career games)

Also, I miss the previous unis with the shoulder yokes and waist stripes.

Reactions: Phu and Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Fun fact: Karlsson will be the 3rd player in team history to wear #65 (discounting training camp #s or pre-season numerical insanity)

bng-l-sharks-0920-01.jpg

Let's just say that the bar Karlsson needs to clear isn't all that high. He only needs 13 points to match their combined Sharks career point totals (2 goals, 10 assists in 75 career games)

I wonder if Halbgewachs will ask for a Rolex or something for giving it up now.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

bng-l-sharks-0920-01.jpg

It will be hard for EK to compete with the great legacy of Derek Joslin.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

bng-l-sharks-0920-01.jpg

He can get that in a week tbh.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
No, just wanted to see your take. Especially when prospects are dealt away.

This is the type of deal you trade prospects like those in. If Hertl would have been included, I wouldn't have liked the deal at all. If Meier had gone without an extension, I wouldn't have liked it but would have had a wait and see attitude. But it's fairly clear that DW is in near 'win-at-all-costs' mindset for a bit, so it's not surprising.

I assume if Karlsson re-signs it's going to be for the $10-$11 million range for the 8-year max. If so, the Sharks will have $53 million per year tied up in 7 players for next few years and it will be interesting to see how that affects the teams moves.

But in the end, I don't watch the Sharks any more so I'm a lot less invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad