Confirmed with Link: EK65 and Perron to Sharks for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: I can't remember the last time a non-GDT, non-evergreen thread made it to 1000 posts.

As sad as it is, re-implemented HF policy on thread limits means that I'm going to have to lock this up and make a sequel thread in a couple minutes. Yes it will be stuck and it will include a link back to this one.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Pairing Karlsson with anyone other than Vlasic at even strength would be typical DeBoer stupidity. Doug Wilson needs to step in if that happens. Braun has been garbage for two years and one of the biggest value adds of acquiring Karlsson is relegating Braun to the third pairing.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Pairing Karlsson with anyone other than Vlasic at even strength would be typical DeBoer stupidity. Doug Wilson needs to step in if that happens. Braun has been garbage for two years and one of the biggest value adds of acquiring Karlsson is relegating Braun to the third pairing.

I would argue that Braun isn't entirely garbage though. He was set up to look like garbage by Dumboer's ridiculous deployments of the 44-61 pairing.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
There simply aren’t enough minutes available to justify not playing Karlsson with Vlasic. Braun and Dillon should be around 12-15 minutes. Ryan 16-18, Vlasic 21-22, Burns 23-25, Karlsson 25+.

Reactions: SharksAddict

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

I mean. I feel like maybe its hard to say what the best setup is. On paper it looks like itll be perfect but karlsson may need a dillon type or hell ryan may be the way to go.

My issue is that braun, while good, cant play his off side as well as dillon and may be surplus now.

I think as long as vlasic braun isnt a thing we will be fine. Youll see one of karlsson burns or vlasic on the ice and ryan dillon amd braun mopping up.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
https://www.tsn.ca/video/new-senators-looking-to-seize-opportunity-in-ottawa~1489875

Demelo and Tierney sound fine, Balcers doesn’t seem so happy. Sorry Nem.

So I do think Doug is an upstanding guy. I don’t think he would have moved players into a bad situation, and I actually don’t think this is a bad situation for either of those guys. As evidenced by his request for salary arbitration, Tierney was obviously feeling the pressure of San Jose’s center depth. He is a great player, but it’s hard being behind Jumbo, Pavelski, Couture, Hertl, and still trying to make a name for yourself. I think he did admirably with the role he was given, but the truth is he was never going to be more than a 3c in San Jose. I really think this trade gives him some runway in terms of really having an opportunity to improve his game, get more ice time and really make a career for himself. He is still young and with the route Ottawa is going, committed to this rebuild, he is being given a chance to really stand out and be a big part of their future.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Marleau is in a good situation. I would think an honest "good for them" would be about the extent of his thoughts on the matter.

I’m gonna laugh of the SCF comes down to Toronto vs San Jose this year. Wouldn’t even be as crazy as Vegas making it last year given the offseason both those teams have had.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Well, if there’s anything to be said for Tierney and DeMelo, they’ll get way more opportunity to move up Ottawa’s depth chart than they ever would get in SJ. While remote, I think Tierney still has a chance of being a 2nd line C now that the room is there.

Reactions: NiWa

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sharks have 3 of the best defensemen in the league now and 3 very good role players, they could basically throw the defense into a blender and it'll come out fine regardless of the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad